Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue 2-Ch Dashcam Install on Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you're in Southern California (or in a state or city where these guys travel to), I cannot give a stronger recommendation to Calibred Customs, a very experienced and professional mobile business that specializes in Blackvue Dashcam installations for Tesla Model S and X. They have done about 300 thus far and are now increasing their business to the tune of doing 1-3 installations a day. I bought a 650S-2CH on sale and they came to my house to install it. I provided the camera, they provided everything else. You can ask them to provide the camera with memory card as well.

In a matter of 90 minutes, Johnny and Darius had installed the cameras flawlessly. Not only this, but they also took the time to set up my WiFi (naming it Melania, after our car) and set up the mobile app on my phone and showed me exactly how to configure and use it. My car was spotless once they were done -- it looks like a factory install from inside and out. On top of that, they were courteous, professional, on time, didn't nickel and dime me on anything, and offered to come back in person if I ever had any issues. Amazing. I was not paid or given a discount for writing this review. I can't imagine doing this work myself -- many things can go wrong and my time is worth more (so is the car!). Johnny's cell is 310-654-0532. Tell him "Melania" sent you.

Oh Wow! That is more than twice the price I paid back in July. He did a super clean OEM install on my X but I still I thought the $375 was pricey. Perhaps $800 is for the 4-channel install? Mine was just the 2-channel. I couldn't imagine that he would charge $800 unless someone else took over his business or something...

Though I did have to pay $175 to Tesla for a warranty repair resulting from the install so the install cost $550 after the entire experience.

Oh Wow! That is more than twice the price I paid back in July. He did a super clean OEM install on my X but I still I thought the $375 was pricey. Perhaps $800 is for the 4-channel install? Mine was just the 2-channel. I couldn't imagine that he would charge $800 unless someone else took over his business or something...

Though I did have to pay $175 to Tesla for a warranty repair resulting from the install so the install cost $550 after the entire experience.

Just to be clear, he wanted $800 INCLUDING the camera. I asked about 4 channel installation and was quoted $1600 (again, cameras included).

@K-MTG, what is this warranty repair you are talking about? Did they damage something during install?

Just to be clear, he wanted $800 INCLUDING the camera. I asked about 4 channel installation and was quoted $1600 (again, cameras included).

@K-MTG, what is this warranty repair you are talking about? Did they damage something during install?

The price is alright since cameras are included, I thought $800 was merely for the install.

I had a always on USB power source installed in the center counsel to power my mifi hotspot for the BlackVue over the cloud feature. But that resulted (according to Tesla) mitigation of airflow in the rear AC vents. So they had to open the center counsel and resecure the AC vent pipes and my center counsel no longer squeaks following the repair

The price is alright since cameras are included, I thought $800 was merely for the install.

I had a always on USB power source installed in the center counsel to power my mifi hotspot for the BlackVue over the cloud feature. But that resulted (according to Tesla) mitigation of airflow in the rear AC vents. So they had to open the center counsel and resecure the AC vent pipes and my center counsel no longer squeaks following the repair

I am paying $600 OTD with very reputable mobile installer in LA. Camera and warranty included.

I was under impression that USB in center console has constant power from factory (I think I read this somewhere in this thread). Is this not the case?