Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BlackVue DR750S-2Ch Install Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am installing a BlackVue DR750 in my new MX and was hoping to run the wire for the front through the original channel provided. Can someone who has a BlackVue installed please help me with the power set up? A couple of photos and some guidance would be highly appreciated.
I would have ideally liked to go for the professional install, but its more than I can afford right now with the purchase of the vehicle, the floor mats, the wall connector and its install and a couple of other essentials.
If you have pictures you can email them to me at [email protected]
Thank you in advance.

Follow your owner's manual to find your trailer brake controller connection:

1ZPcyTU.jpg

It also shows where the constant 12V source is which is pin 4 in the diagram:

a7NBkjI.jpg

• Love
Reactions: BBone and AdamHLG
Whoa. So hold on. I picked up my X a few days ago and need permanent power for my new dash cam install as well. I am attaching pictures of a pigtail that was sitting in the frunk. Are you telling me this is basically as easy as peeling back the carpet and plugging this in to the connector where indicated and - BAM - there is my permanent power? Or is cable in the pictures for something else. I thought for some reason this pig tale plugged into somewhere under the back of the vehicle where the hitch goes, and this is where you would hook up the trailer lights. I am confused. (Thanks for posting this! I hope my assumption is correct but I have been looking all over the internet for this answer to tap power and it seems its sitting literally on my lap.)

Attachments

• DSC00766.jpg
    DSC00766.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 306
  • DSC00767.jpg
    DSC00767.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 250
  • DSC00771.jpg
    DSC00771.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 245
  • DSC00772.jpg
    DSC00772.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 256
Tam, what about the wiring through the original channel? Did you do that yourself or have the install done professionally? Any tips you can provide regarding it? In terms of the power,did you cut your black use cable and connect it to the pigtail Adam is talking about?
Also found this while burning the midnight oil
Snap N Go OBD II Connector for BlackVue Dash Cams with AAC and Parking Mode - New Arrivals
What are your thoughts on it?
Thanks for your help

I am also looking for tips on the center channel and removal of mirror pieces. So as to not break anything. And tips to do the install perfectly when replacing. In addition I purchased the custom AP 2.0 trim piece from the other thread to replace the OEM trim piece for the actual mount of the 750.

I am also looking for tips on the center channel and removal of mirror pieces. So as to not break anything. And tips to do the install perfectly when replacing. In addition I purchased the custom AP 2.0 trim piece from the other thread to replace the OEM trim piece for the actual mount of the 750.
You may want to check if the trim piece works with AP 2.X based on your vehicle version. It is an expensive piece, but it would be worth it. Please let me know of the response you get about the trim. I too may splurge for one.
Thanks

Tam, what about the wiring through the original channel? Did you do that yourself or have the install done professionally? Any tips you can provide regarding it? In terms of the power,did you cut your black use cable and connect it to the pigtail Adam is talking about?
Also found this while burning the midnight oil
Snap N Go OBD II Connector for BlackVue Dash Cams with AAC and Parking Mode - New Arrivals
What are your thoughts on it?
Thanks for your help

I would NOT use the OBD port to power the dash cam - several folks have done that and the fuse that powers that port is only 5 amps - and it also powers other things (like TPMS) and lots of folks have blown that fuse.

I've been using the OBDII port for power for the past year and haven't had any issues with it. Sure, you can blow the fuse during installation if you're not careful or do something dumb like accidentally short the pins, but once connected, it will run fine.

With regards to the center channel, that is by far the hardest and most time-consuming part. Dedicate a few hours to it. You have the choice of reusing the existing tape, which is by far the easiest and fastest thing to do, but and experienced person will notice that the channel won't sit as snug as before. However, most people wouldn't see a thing. It's just a huge pain to remove the existing tape and replace it with new tape.

Otherwise, the mirror disassembly is pretty easy. Everything snaps into place. Squeeze the sides and pull down, and you should see how everything is connected once it comes apart. Take photos/videos to help if necessary. There are videos and instructions out there, just search the forums.

Blackvue 2-Ch Dashcam Install on Model X
Blackvue DR650S Review + Tesla Model X Install
How-To Tap 12V Power from the Tesla Model S

I also did not run it through the original channel. That was more than I wanted to deal with especially since mine is a lease. At this point I'm planning on buying my X at the end of the lease but I don't want to make too many modifications I'd need to undo if I change my mind. Below is what mine looks like running the cable next to the channel using the supplied clips. I can't even see the cables from the driver seat. When in the passenger seat you really don't notice it.

upload_2017-11-28_9-43-21.png

I've been using the OBDII port for power for the past year and haven't had any issues with it. Sure, you can blow the fuse during installation if you're not careful or do something dumb like accidentally short the pins, but once connected, it will run fine.

With regards to the center channel, that is by far the hardest and most time-consuming part. Dedicate a few hours to it. You have the choice of reusing the existing tape, which is by far the easiest and fastest thing to do, but and experienced person will notice that the channel won't sit as snug as before. However, most people wouldn't see a thing. It's just a huge pain to remove the existing tape and replace it with new tape.

Otherwise, the mirror disassembly is pretty easy. Everything snaps into place. Squeeze the sides and pull down, and you should see how everything is connected once it comes apart. Take photos/videos to help if necessary. There are videos and instructions out there, just search the forums.

Blackvue 2-Ch Dashcam Install on Model X
Blackvue DR650S Review + Tesla Model X Install
How-To Tap 12V Power from the Tesla Model S

Lots of good info, thanks!

Question: I’m thinking of getting the 750 system to install, does it matter if you get the BlackVue microSD cards or will any microSD card work? The options for the BlackVue cards at time of purchase seems high based on what I’ve seen similar capacity cards on sale for.

Question: I’m thinking of getting the 750 system to install, does it matter if you get the BlackVue microSD cards or will any microSD card work? The options for the BlackVue cards at time of purchase seems high based on what I’ve seen similar capacity cards on sale for.
I would stick with BlackVue cards to have a trouble-free experience. Saving few bucks on this in not worth it, IMHO.

Question on installing the Blackview 750 back camera. Is it possible to fish the wire out of the rubber conduit and the plastic trim without having to remove the trim. All videos are removing the plastic trim but I am extremely concerned in breaking the plastic brackets. Any information on installing the back camera without damaging the plastic trim would be greatly appreciated.

• Informative
Reactions: DCGOO