Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bloomberg - i8 to blitz Tesla with high end competition

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The best part of this link is the first comment. A taste:
Last I checked Spaceships > aircrafts.

I stand corrected. This is the best comment:
Nick Jaynes (the author) said:
Again, comparing a Performance Model S to a base i8 isn’t fair
I think that sums it up nicely. The base i8 can't compete a Model S that sells for a lower price.

This guy is a great reporter. And he says it is 'not fair' to compare the Performance Model S that is $15,000 cheaper to the 'base' $136,000 i8 because there might be a faster i8 out someday and you can only compare 'performance' versions of cars.
His logic doesn't make sense. since we can compare base versions of cars, a fair comparison would be to compare a base Bugatti with a base Toyota Camry?

he finally admitted he wrote the whole article as a 'tongue in cheek'. I guess he wanted to file his humor piece in Onion.com but mistakenly sent to Digtal trends. This guy and JP are effectively trolls, just using different techniques to get eyeballs and lure commentators in.

he finally admitted he wrote the whole article as a 'tongue in cheek'. I guess he wanted to file his humor piece in Onion.com but mistakenly sent to Digtal trends. This guy and JP are effectively trolls, just using different techniques to get eyeballs and lure commentators in.
Ah, the old "Top Gear Manuever":
I was just kidding when I confessed to the murder in front of witnesses in open court and when I yelled fire on the floor of the Senate.

Just like I'm "just kidding" when I call the author a pathetic excuse of a human being willing to do anything for attention.

AWD S fully loaded will put this argument to rest as it will be less than a stock i8 and faster and have more room for passengers/cargo and go farther and it is an EV with a SuperCharger network.

Yes, the i8 is sportier looking and I do actually like the way it looks if you must know.

His argument had no leg to stand on. He's dealing with commenters who know a lot more about the subject that he's trying to argue than he does. He is an amateur that is going up against professionals. In the end, he got his ass handed to him. Kinda sad really, his points were complete rubbish.

His argument had no leg to stand on. He's dealing with commenters who know a lot more about the subject that he's trying to argue than he does. He is an amateur that is going up against professionals. In the end, he got his ass handed to him. Kinda sad really, his points were complete rubbish.
Actually, I would state this differently:
"He's an amateur, pretending to be a professional, and being embarrassed in comments by unpaid experts."