Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blower to dry off car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A squeegee?? eeeekkkkk! Don't tell a detailer that. They'll cringe.

I ALWAYS use a blower. The eGo 56V blower is AWESOME!!! You can blast your car for a good 10mins at full blast. If you have a paint sealant/treatment or just a good coat of wax on your car it is practically dry with just the blower. Use the Supreme Guzzler Waffle Weave towel for your final touch up (door jams/trunk/frunk) and your car is perfect.

I provided links to the products. You may be able to find the blower on Amazon or eBay used for a better deal. However, they did just redesign it and the revamped model's design is way better and more powerful. Plus it works great as a blower around the house. I used to have a echo gas powered blower that made way too much noise. This battery powered model is just as strong (if not stronger) and half the noise.

• Informative
Reactions: Canuck

I ALWAYS use a blower. The eGo 56V blower is AWESOME!!! You can blast your car for a good 10mins at full blast. If you have a paint sealant/treatment or just a good coat of wax on your car it is practically dry with just the blower. Use the Supreme Guzzler Waffle Weave towel for your final touch up (door jams/trunk/frunk) and your car is perfect.

I provided links to the products. You may be able to find the blower on Amazon or eBay used for a better deal. However, they did just redesign it and the revamped model's design is way better and more powerful. Plus it works great as a blower around the house. I used to have a echo gas powered blower that made way too much noise. This battery powered model is just as strong (if not stronger) and half the noise.
Thanks racerx22b, I have both the ego blower and lawnmower so I will try the blower.

If you are really into keep ing your car clean, try the Master Blaster (The Metro Master Blaster is Metro's most powerful blower/dryer at 8hp! Blow dry your motorcycle & your vehicle with this big blower.). I have one and have been using it for years, makes drying much easier.

I have the metro blaster... The eGo blower is a million times easier to use and even more effective. The only exception would be if you were working in some real tiny cracks and crevices. Like the engine bay.

I even use the eGo to dry my MX bike after a day at the track. Used to use compressed air from my air compressor but this eGo straight murders it! It's an awesome tool to have.

Another bonus... you never need to sweep your garage again. Just use the blower. I've got 3 of my friends to buy one after they tried mine out.

Air is the best.
Air doesn't work here with tap water, as ours is very mineralized (which is usually good for people and bad for everything else). I only "emergency rinse" without drying if I can drive fast for a while right after.

Nice to see our rainwater here is usually quite clean these days, last summer I was happy to have rainfall end a wash cycle as it meant I could pack up and skip the drying. In other forums and threads here we've discussed distilled water rinsing, and I do now buy a bottle to keep around for emergency bird poop work but I've not yet tried bulk distilled rinse (perhaps a spritz).

The worst right now is pollen and dew, when I leave my Model S outside for the night it gets dusted, and then the dust gets glued on :D

Good to know. That's what my husband has to blow the grass clippings into the neighbor's yard.

When washing at home, I do a final rinse with the Yard Force (500 psi) pressure washer using distilled water, then dry with a Master Blaster SK-1 ("Sidekick"). I'd prefer to have one of the larger Master Blaster units, but the SK-1 is really portable in my cramped garage and it moves filtered heated air pretty good. I have the 6-ft. extension hose for it so I don't have to drag the Sidekick around all the time.

I used to use a $40 leaf blower I got from Lowes, but the Sidekick works better for me.

The Ego leaf blower compared to your $40 leaf blower is like comparing a P90D to a Golf Cart. Not even on the same planet. The Ego is super powerful and cordless. Plus it serves more than one purpose. One of the best tools in my garage. However, if all it did was dry the car it would still be worth every penny of $200. If you get the older model or find them used you can save $50-$100 depending on your luck.

The Ego leaf blower compared to your $40 leaf blower is like comparing a P90D to a Golf Cart. Not even on the same planet. The Ego is super powerful and cordless. Plus it serves more than one purpose. One of the best tools in my garage. However, if all it did was dry the car it would still be worth every penny of $200. If you get the older model or find them used you can save $50-$100 depending on your luck.
I tried my Ego this morning after rinsing the car and it works great, takes less time and the micro fiber towels do not get as soaked.

Nice man. I'm about to rush out to my local HomeDepot to get the new EGO Leaf Blower LB5302 I think.
But my question is, would using a Leaf Blower scratch the paint or some sort? since it sucking up the air around and spit them out on the paint? thx. Do you have any small scratches from using the EGO Leaf Blower on your Tesla? and how long you been using it? thx.