Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue "P" where TACC symbol usually is.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While leaving work and driving through the parking lot I got a blue "P" with a circle around it in the TACC area. Also the Autosteer steering wheel was grey and apparently available which I've never seen before in a parking lot with no lane lines. Does the "P" stand for Park? Anyone else see this before? I'm on 46.9 3628a24.

Chris

Haven't seen that before, but I'm still on .44. It's always possible they've tweaked the Autopark UI in .46.

There is a place that a 'P' with a circle around it would appear in the instrument panel, if your parking brake was on, but I believe that's over on the top right side of the instrument panel. Your description makes it sound like this is inside the TACC set-speed circle.

If you see it again, try to take a photo!

Randomly stumbled onto this thread and been trying to describe what you saw (P in a blue circle) and couldn’t figure out to describe the issue.

My issue was on startup and the hazard lights were also flashing for some reason and hitting the hazard button didn’t toggle them off. I switched my car from park into R and the blue P circle went away as well as the hazards. Not sure how or why this happened and didn’t appear to have any impact that I can tell yet.

Both @Achilles and @EV bud said they were not in reverse and hadn't initiated autopark. I wonder if maybe they were pressing on the top of the fob without realizing it, and that caused summon to activate somehow? I'll try to see if I can duplicate it later as well. (When I use summon, I'm always outside the car, so have never really seen what it displays while active.)

Both @Achilles and @EV bud said they were not in reverse and hadn't initiated autopark. I wonder if maybe they were pressing on the top of the fob without realizing it, and that caused summon to activate somehow? I'll try to see if I can duplicate it later as well. (When I use summon, I'm always outside the car, so have never really seen what it displays while active.)
This is possible. I will try to replicate as well.

Wow, ok. Is it possible to accidentally activate it while driving and not feel anything different?
That's a good question. I haven't yet tried this, but the test would be to shift into drive, tap the accelerator enough to start moving slowly forward, then hold down the fob button and see if Summon actually activates.

The manual suggests that you need to be in Park to activate it, though that may not be a rigid requirement...
1. With Model S in Park, stand within 10 feet (3 meters) and press and hold the top center button on the key (Lock/Unlock All button) until the hazard lights blink continuously.
Note: The hazard lights flash once as Model S locks, then within five seconds, Model S powers on and the hazard lights flash continuously. Do not proceed to the next step until the hazard lights are flashing. If, after five seconds, the hazard lights are not flashing, release the button on the key, move closer to Model S, and try again. If Summon receives no further input within ten seconds, Summon cancels.
2. Press the Front Trunk (Frunk) button on the key to move Model S forward into the parking space, or press the Rear Trunk button to reverse Model S into the parking space.
Summon also cancels when:
• A door handle is pressed or a door is opened.
You interact with the steering wheel, brake pedal, accelerator pedal, or gear stalk.
• Model S detects an obstacle and cannot move forward for more than two seconds.
• Summon has moved Model S the maximum distance of approximately 39 feet (12 meters).