Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMW iX3 is Coming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pdk42

Jul 17, 2019
Leamington
Yawn... maybe a great car, but the styling is just so 2010!

And if "coming" means the same as it does for the ID3, then maybe it'll get here in 2022!

upload_2020-8-7_15-10-9.png

the front is so ICE - I look at these massive grilles and am taken aback at how old fashioned they look to me already.

I really don't understand why more common ICE manufacturers aren't designing more aerodynamic looking cars. They could still make it look true to their brands but surely, they could also strive for better efficiency stats that may in turn tempt people.

BMWs used to be pretty cool design wise as well as driving wise. I had a few, enjoyed them. I saw a couple go past me on the road recently with the new grill design and thought it looked hideous. Couldn’t believe it was actually a BMW.

As for the iX3. Meh. Boring but will appeal to those who like a boxy SUV with a premium badge, of which there are many people. So it’ll probably do well and as that means more EVs on the road, good.

Will no doubt sell to those looking for an EV powered traditional styled SUV. My dad has a X3 M40d which I have to admit is a very nice place to sit, well put together and a good drive. Will be interesting to see how they price it against the Model Y and their own petrol/diesel equivalents and what discounts they offer. There was a time BMW could sell at or very near list price like Tesla, but that's a long time ago and it seems to be about volume sales now and I'm sure they will want to take as big a slice of Tesla sales as they can. Still think the charging network is Tesla's trump card just now, so much of the public charging network seems unreliable.