Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Booster seat and Tesla don’t go together

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
God Tesla must really hate kids. It’s very difficult to use a booster seat with any Tesla because most of the seats are a little too narrow for them. Even if you get to the buckle, you have to deal with the thing being stuck deep into the seat. Getting a booster buckle down is like a 5 min process, super annoying. This is the same with the Mx ms and now the 3.

I agree the LATCH points are tough to get to. My old 3 series had nice molded plastic ports in the seats that made them easier to engage. The Tesla’s design is prob simpler/cheaper. For how rarely I actually have to interact with them, I’m ok with the tradeoff.

I got 3 booster seats with the NASCAR style head protector, I don't need his head to smash against the window. Also it helps if he wants to take a nap. All 3 seats have problems with the buckle, the problem is that the seat is narrow and the buckle is all the way in the f-ing seat. It is hard to have the buckle in straight when the massive booster seat is in the way. It already pissed me off on the X, the 3 is just as bad arggg.

Car seats and boosters with their own straps aren't the issue. It's using the vehicle seatbelt with a belt positioning booster that poses problems. The seat base is too narrow for most of them, making it really hard for children to buckle themselves in.

Look at this stupid design
B4EE96E4-2E82-42EC-9845-3777A8E6FE59.jpeg

Look at this stupid design View attachment 527283
I see what you mean, you would think booster seat designers would make their seats fit any car instead of making them too wide like that.
Honestly I started out agreeing with your thinking, but looking at this more it is a really widespread issue with many car companies.
So while some booster seat manufacturers have adjusted their designs, many others are just ploughing on ahead with the old designs that will not work in many cars - not just Teslas