Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BP Pulse Network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charge card coming soon.

Hi Beau,

We are writing to let you know that we have made some updates to our bp pulse terms and conditions.

The new bp pulse terms and conditions will come into effect on 21 December 2023 and the specific changes can be previewed on our website.

To outline some of the key changes, we have:

• made them easier to read
  • added new terms and conditions around bp pulse Charge Card usage – a new card functionality which will be released to bp pulse account holders shortly
  • clarified some provisions that explain when we and you are liable
  • clarified that bp will provide you with reasonable notice when making material changes to the terms

Charge card coming soon.

Now available to order:

Hi Sam,

Charging is now even easier with the all-new bp pulse charge card!

Now you can experience easy tap-and-charge convenience across the bp pulse network with a bp pulse charge card.

To celebrate, we are offering complimentary bp pulse charge cards to the first customers who order. Simply order your new bp pulse charge card via the steps below to get you on your way. T&C's apply*. While stocks last.

Our bp pulse charge cards will continue to be available to order via the bp pulse app for $5.
How to order and set-up
  1. Update your bp pulse app via the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to the latest version.
  2. Log in to the bp pulse app on your smartphone.
  3. Navigate to the ‘Account’ page under key fobs, where you will be able to order your new bp pulse charge card. Your card order should arrive within 5-10 working days.
  4. Once you have received your card via mail, navigate to the ‘Account’ page within the app and link your new bp pulse charge card to your bp pulse account by registering your card ID.

adding a 3rd party RFID card (chargefox, evie etc)?

I've ordered one as well, but that was going to be my question.

I've also added my evie card(s) to the chargefox app.

Part of me is starting to wonder even if it works, isn't it becoming a bit of a risk though, as more and more EV drivers get cards surely the numbers could start to overlap. For example if I have my Evie card registered to BP and then BP sends out a card with that same number I'll be paying for that customers charges.

The numbers on the cards don't seem long enough to be globally unique.

For example if I have my Evie card registered to BP and then BP sends out a card with that same number I'll be paying for that customers charges.

The numbers on the cards don't seem long enough to be globally unique.
BP at least don't automatically register the pass they send out to you, they require you to add it into the app anyway.

The numbers seem to be 32 bits so there's about 4 billion of them.

Reactions: ARMARM and moa999
Now available to order:

Hi Sam,

Charging is now even easier with the all-new bp pulse charge card!

Now you can experience easy tap-and-charge convenience across the bp pulse network with a bp pulse charge card.

To celebrate, we are offering complimentary bp pulse charge cards to the first customers who order. Simply order your new bp pulse charge card via the steps below to get you on your way. T&C's apply*. While stocks last.

Our bp pulse charge cards will continue to be available to order via the bp pulse app for $5.
How to order and set-up
  1. Update your bp pulse app via the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to the latest version.
  2. Log in to the bp pulse app on your smartphone.
  3. Navigate to the ‘Account’ page under key fobs, where you will be able to order your new bp pulse charge card. Your card order should arrive within 5-10 working days.
  4. Once you have received your card via mail, navigate to the ‘Account’ page within the app and link your new bp pulse charge card to your bp pulse account by registering your card ID.
Interesting logo when you turn the card upside down!

BP at least don't automatically register the pass they send out to you, they require you to add it into the app anyway.

And yeah that's my point.

The eager new card recipient will try and tap it and it will work and you will be paying for their charge - and I'm not sure how helpful support will have to be in providing a refund considering it's likely against the terms.

someone else has already added that number, then it should reject
You would hope this is true at least. But it won’t stop the card from being tapped and billing your account.

In any case it’s likely safe, just keep an eye out for erroneous charges.

With any luck these cards are all coming from the same manufacturer. Sharing them like this would be a better outcome than having to have a dozen cards in the car.

Reactions: moa999
Well got the BP card yesterday.

The number it has is 14 characters compared to the 8 of the Evie cards.

So at least it’s a different number range for the clashing concern I had.

It’s also NFC unlike the Evie cards. (At least my phone can’t scan the Evie cards I have - and the BP card feels like a Sydney Opal card)

Last edited: