Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake Pedal Ugly Weld Cover (Interested???)

If there was a cover available for the ugly brake pedal weld, would you be interested?

• I would if it was priced between $30 and $40

• Yes, but $30 to $40 would be too much

• Doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As some of you are aware, Tesla put a brutal weld on top of the bracket for the brake pedal. My son is a mechanical engineer and we are thinking about making a "U" shaped cover to go over the bracket. This is not a trivial piece in that it is a very odd shape and will take several iterations. Planning on 3D printing the prototypes and from there we can figure out production.

Trying to gauge interest. If it isn't there, we may bag the whole thing. Have to get a bigger printer to support the size and then there are the iterations as this one will take several times to get right (IMO).

Also feel free to PM me if you are really interested.

Let me know guys & gals...

Dave

Screen Shot 2020-07-25 at 8.06.49 PM.png

Have you asked Tesla to replace it with one not quite so ugly? I don't think my pedal (Model 3 - I assume it's probably the same same part) looks like something that needs to be covered up.

Attachments

• IMG_20200726_214218.jpg
    IMG_20200726_214218.jpg
    450.7 KB · Views: 181
Honestly, I wouldn't spend anything for this. Mine isn't as bad as yours, and if it were, I would probably cover it with tape or something.
That said, if I were to buy one, I would only buy one if there was a matching cover to cover the accelerator pedal too. The mismatch of of only having one there would bother my OCD more than than the weld.

I wonder if these are big enough, would work? They have a zipper which should make it easy to get on. No idea on diameter though.
https://www.amazon.com/Management-Sleeve-JOTO-Computer-Entertainment/dp/B015HWXG4M

I like this idea even better. My only concern would be it getting loose and getting snagged. Would have to be rock solid. That is one of the reasons we were going to CAD it specifically to the need. But it looks like there isn't enough interest to do that. So maybe this option would work? I agree that it is hard to tell from the description on the actual sizing. Silly we even have to deal with this. It looks like a 12 year old did the weld on that.