Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brookline, MA: EV support in Fall Town Meeting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, folks. I'm proposing warrant articles for the November Town Meeting in Brookline, MA supporting electric vehicles --- in particular to try to ensure that new construction in the town supports electric vehicle charging.

I could use five (or so) signatures from registered voters in Brookline to support the the warrant articles. The deadline is noon Thursday, and they have to be physical signatures. So there timing is tight! But I'm willing to travel to wherever (in Brookline) you are someone in the next two days to collect a signature. Any one here interested?

Thanks!

I don't live in Brookline(or MA for that matter), but I know the economic development director of the town and I could make an introduction if you think that would help. Best of luck at the town meeting, it would be nice if more communities supported EV adoption and every garage was pre wired for charging!

I don't live in Brookline(or MA for that matter), but I know the economic development director of the town and I could make an introduction if you think that would help. Best of luck at the town meeting, it would be nice if more communities supported EV adoption and every garage was pre wired for charging!
Any introductions would be helpful! Send me a PM. Thanks!

Perhaps Brookline should fix the two Chargepoint stations it owns which are both out of order for quite some time. The one at Babcock St Lot is down for more than a year, while the one in Town Hall Lot is down for more than 8 months. These charging stations are essentials to Brookline resident who are living in apartments and cannot charge at home.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Yes, that was actually my first warrant article for the Fall Town Meeting. It was dropped before Town Meeting because the town DPW assured me that contracts had been signed to fix these. But still nothing!

There is a town Electric Vehicle study committee as a result of my fall warrant articles; I'll be bringing this to their attention later this month.

Also -- there is effort at the state level to implement "EV ready" building codes. There's a hearing in Western Mass in a few weeks (it was going to be Mar 14 but was postponed due to snow). Is anyone in Western Mass interested in attending that meeting and asking the state to restore the "EV ready" provisions?