Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BT - Before Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my model 3 through NHS fleet a few weeks ago. As much as I’d love it tomorrow, I don't need the car soon and financially would be much better off if it turned up as close to the April BiK change as possible. However, today I found myself paying £4.99 for a ship tracking app, I have an amazon basket full of accessories I don't even know if I need and seem to spend most of my evenings looking at Tesla Facebook groups, attempting to analyse order patterns from the order spreadsheet and wondering when I’ll get my vin or googling what a hidden VIN and source code is and how I do it. From reading this page I can see I’m not alone in this curious behaviour and tonight in a rare obsession free moment I found myself wondering what I did BT (Before Tesla) and what I will do with my life after. How some of you have coped for 3+ years of this I’m not sure. I only hope this car is as good as it promises to be.

Yup.. I now refresh the website like 15 times a day hoping for an update.
I too have ordered a number of accessories and have scheduled deliveries of one accessory per week for the next 5 weeks so they feel like little checkpoints ...
I need a life. All my partner hears is tesla this tesla that and I'm pretty sure my workmates are plotting to murder me.

I don't even have a VIN and only ordered last week. I honestly dont know hoe people did it for years. I know that if I had a delivery date i would be more patient. Is the not knowing part that is eating me alive

I'm fully with you on this, ordered end of July and thought of nothing else since (maybe a little about football..) If someone looked at my browser history they would think I have an addiction and they would be right! As mentioned, the hardest part in all this is the not knowing when you're delivery is going to be so it's continuous checking for a VIN, text, email and after the checks I spend an hour or so looking at home charges, insurance, accessories, electric suppliers.... The list goes on! Then it's back to checking for a VIN....rinse and repeat...

Oh and somewhere along the line I actually do some work.

• Funny
Reactions: Roy W. and Harrim2
Yeah it does feel like some kind of addiction. Maybe because you can't just buy one, you have to wait.

My challenge is i can't have mine till December, as that's when my current lease runs out. So I placed my order with the lease company and have my fingers crossed (this may blow up in my face)

My browsers history is pretty much accessories, insurance and car chargers. My wife would be worried.

• Funny
Reactions: Harrim2
I’m worried for some of you! You probably have months to wait (I’m not trying to wind you up). Checking 15 times a day- you’ll definitely go insane. My best advice you will need to chill out for at least 2 months. Seriously it’s not good for your well being, your relationships or achieving anything else in the time BT. Good luck!

Reactions: Harrim2
Funny thread. So what is it about Tesla that makes us do these things? Is it a secret or is Is it the same for some other manufacturers?

Maybe it's not Tesla at all..... maybe its the type of people that buy Tesla's!

I seem to recall a Beano from my childhood, Dennis asked his Gran what she did before TV was invented, she replied "We sat around waiting for TV to be invented"

Before Tesla - my garage was full of junk without the prospect of ever being capable of containing a car.

Many, many recycling trips later and hours of sorting and cleaning. I now have somewhere to park a car.

• Funny
Reactions: m-i-l and Roy W.
Saw a model 3 “in the wild” in Swindon last week so I’m hopeful it not just the next kickstarter myth and there’s a real car at the end.

Saw one on the side of the road in Guildford the other day as I drove past, white just what I ordered. And when I drove back on the same road it wasn't there, so no I'm not sure if I just imagined it...

• Funny
Reactions: Harrim2 and tess19