TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

bubbles on touchscreen

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by demundus, Oct 18, 2015.

1. apacheguy

apacheguy S Sig #255

Yeah, the ESA deductible is per issue

2. Cyclone

Cyclone Cyclonic Member ((.oO))

My understanding is it depends on the terms when you bought as it has changed. Some are $200 per issue, some are $200 per visit. Check your contract accordingly.

3. ccharleb

ccharleb Member

No contract yet... Approaching end of my warrenty and still not sure if I'll buy the extended ..

4. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Well-Known Member

I believe Tesla is treating all ESAs the same in terms of charging $200 per visit, not per issue. This has nothing to do with when you bought your car. My ESA was one of the early ones for $2,500 where the $200 fee was per issue, however after Tesla changed the terms I am only being charged $200 per visit.

5. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

Per visit.

6. easygoer

easygoer Member

I have 2014 Model S and same problem - the bubbles started at the top and have now coalesced to form a long horizontal bubble. Very disappointing. Service center wants around $1023 to replace the screen - is this going to happen every 4 years? What if I don't get it repaired? The screen seems to function fine.

7. demundus

demundus Member

You've got a nice pool of industrial adhesive near your little console cubby. It will eventually overflow and leak down. Screen will continue to work for quite awhile. Its quality of life, and be glad they came up with a screen only fix. I believe they have rectified the problem going forward though, no evidence of it happening again.

8. easygoer

easygoer Member

Does this mean that replacing the screen gets you an LTE upgrade from 3G and other hardware/software upgrade that is not possible OTA? Thanks.

9. demundus

demundus Member

No. LTE is different hardware, you need a complete replacement. Some folks back in the day were barganing/goodwilling LTE as part of the "need" to swap the entire MCU. It's always a good talking point to have