Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

But wait, there's more!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I fully expect the event next week to focus exclusively on the Model 3. It seems Elon and Tesla like to space out their announcements to excite shareholders and create buzz throughout the year.

That being said, if there is more to be revealed at this event than just Model 3 info, I would think they'd START with that news, or sprinkle it in throughout the presentation, and END with something significant and exclusively to the Model 3. The invitation says "Model ≡" after all..

They were being vague with the whole "What we've been working on" bit in the invites plus we know that a Model S price increase is coming in April. I think the odds of a Model S refresh being unveiled next week are very high. Probably talk about new AP hardware, 100kWh packs, some sheet metal changes, etc.

Initially, when I saw that cryptic language I got excited and thought they might pull off a huge surprise and show off a Model Y prototype alongside the M3. Would make sense since it apparently will be based on the M3 platform and I'm sure they have prototypes in the works by now.

But TMC HQ apparently has firmly put the kibosh on that idea and, as others have noted, have said the reveal with be all about that 3, 'bout that 3. Model 3 surprise: Tesla is preparing to announce 2 vehicles in March (Updated: Tesla Denies)

Last edited:
I simply hope that Tesla Motors surprises everyone by offering a higher capacity battery pack for Model ≡ than currently available on Model S and Model X. Standard.

I'd love that too, but we all know that would take a leap in chemistry/energy storage density.

But if they could put a 70kwH pack on a Model 3 w/AWD and give me ~285-290 miles? I wouldn't exactly say no.

Pure speculation (what else are boards for): reveal of model R supercar, using MS/X skate, two seater, stripped down weight, low cD, and of course faster... they are 3d printing rocket engines, they are showing a real M3 not on paper, and was developed in parallel with MX. Lots of companies in the good old days had skunkworks, just sayin....

I simply hope that Tesla Motors surprises everyone by offering a higher capacity battery pack for Model ≡ than currently available on Model S and Model X. Standard.

I don't know if you've changed the glyph you use or it's a change in the typeface the site uses, because it looks in my browser that you are saying Model "equals" each time and the symbol doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to the E in Tesla.

My guess is he'll announce supercharger expansion plans. They haven't updated their map yet this year.
at some point, they almost have to announce that.

I don't know why they'd have to announce it. Tesla doesn't need to generate hoopla about the supercharger network. They can simply expand it, add locations to the map, and make no big announcements about it. At this point the supercharger network is background noise. For S and X owners it's expected to be there. For 3s, we don't know. This isn't to say that superchargers will never get brought up; rather that they're not a focal point for marketing anymore. As always, this just my own speculation.

I don't know why they'd have to announce it. Tesla doesn't need to generate hoopla about the supercharger network. They can simply expand it, add locations to the map, and make no big announcements about it. At this point the supercharger network is background noise. For S and X owners it's expected to be there. For 3s, we don't know. This isn't to say that superchargers will never get brought up; rather that they're not a focal point for marketing anymore. As always, this just my own speculation.

But those of us familiar with Tesla and the Supercharger network know where to look.

After the 1st wave of us make our deposits, Tesla is going to have to educate the masses about "range anxiety" and the SC network they've put in place to combat it.

It will become a focal point of their marketing.

If they don't refresh the S, they will loose many S sales to people who will decide to wait a little longer and get a cheaper alternative. Specially if the 3 has similar tech and performance as the current S regardless of size.

My guess is he'll announce supercharger expansion plans. They haven't updated their map yet this year.

I don't see any reason they would make news out of the superchargers. They already change the map occasionally. No matter what they say, short of 2 chargers at McDonalds in the country, someone is going to be left out. And even then, people would ask why not 4.

I don't know if you've changed the glyph you use or it's a change in the typeface the site uses, because it looks in my browser that you are saying Model "equals" each time and the symbol doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to the E in Tesla.

Here, I typically use the 'IDENTICAL TO' emblem...

U+2261 IDENTICAL TO

General Character Properties

In Unicode since: 1.1
Unicode category: Symbol, Math

Various Useful Representations

UTF-8: 0xE2 0x89 0xA1
UTF-16: 0x2261

C octal escaped UTF-8: \342\211\241
XML decimal entity: ≡​

It seems to be available on most platforms. Though, I actually prefer to use the 'TRIGRAM FOR HEAVEN'...

U+2630 TRIGRAM FOR HEAVEN

General Character Properties

In Unicode since: 1.1
Unicode category: Symbol, Other

Various Useful Representations

UTF-8: 0xE2 0x98 0xB0
UTF-16: 0x2630

C octal escaped UTF-8: \342\230\260
XML decimal entity: ☰

Annotations and Cross References

Alias names:
• qian2​

But, I think that doesn't appear on Android devices.

Here's how the two look on my system (the second one looks OK, the first looks nothing at all like the logo):

t2.png