Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buttons and dials... oh my!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This looks pretty cool:

The best thing is it communicates via the Tesla app API, no need to wire up to the OBD.

Tesla should make the steering wheel controls customizable... long press or double press one of them and then it can adjust what you set it up to, like vent power or temperature.

This looks pretty cool:

The best thing is it communicates via the Tesla app API, no need to wire up to the OBD.

Tesla should make the steering wheel controls customizable... long press or double press one of them and then it can adjust what you set it up to, like vent power or temperature.
Interesting, I wonder why there isn't a volume knob, tho! Might have to give it a try sometime!

This looks pretty cool:

I completely agree with the idea of being able to customize the scroll wheels! I’ve many of times wanted the right scroll wheel to adjust the wipers when not on autopilot.

Per the crowdfunding site, it works through your phone's internet connection: you hit control, device tells phone, phone makes a call to Tesla over the internet, Tesla passes command over the internet to your car.
So will be SLOW, and won't work anywhere the internet gets spotty. Randomly won't work due to dropped packets.... I'd be kinda interested if it integrated with an ODBC adapter instead, but using the internet seems ... suboptimal.

• Informative
Reactions: GtiMart
Cool idea, but the physical design is kinda basic. They could do a better job on the ID, match the Tesla visual language.

Too bad about the internet connection. I mean, ok if it's all working, but heck, 50% of my driving has bad enough connection that I can't stream music, so not a good fit for me.

Looks like Elon is noticing.. new software update will contain multiple left dial control capability:

Do more with the left scroll button on the steering wheel.

You can adjust settings like brightness and Acceleration Mode, or perform actions like toggling the Camera App, opening the glovebox, and saving Dashcam footage.

Long press the left scroll button to bring up a list of functions and scroll through the list.

To choose which function comes up by default, go to Controls > Display > Scroll Wheel Function.

Reactions: KevinT3141