Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a ‘23 MY Standard Range - Please educate me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure...on any listing it lists the build date. Now there are only a few MYAWDs left so you can only check those few. When they dumped the 300 or so you could look through all of them and the dates ranged from Feb16-20 for most.

One current example:

View attachment 907220
Ahhh, thanks. I didn't realize they were only there before they sold. I assume the one I ordered was up there. Hopefully it gets built around the 16th!

Ahhh, thanks. I didn't realize they were only there before they sold. I assume the one I ordered was up there. Hopefully it gets built around the 16th!
Yes that is the problem, once you bought it it would have disappeared from the list so you can't go back and check. I didn't see any later than Feb 20th when I did a quick scroll through the 300 that were initially dropped.

Yes that is the problem, once you bought it it would have disappeared from the list so you can't go back and check. I didn't see any later than Feb 20th when I did a quick scroll through the 300 that were initially dropped.

Thanks. I get it.
After the vehicle is produced, it should then appear on the Existing Inventory Drops (Inventory List), I assume. That looks like the running list of vehicles completed by the manufacturer.

Cool website.

That said, between the new packaging of the giga-casting frame + 4680 structure, word on the street is that the body rigidity is noticeably upgraded. Less flex = fewer rattles and a firmer road feel.
I have test driven both back to back and I can say without a doubt that the new 4680 car does drive better, feels more buttoned down, less cabin/road noise and just feels more refined compared to the LR that I drove, I am however comparing a new fresh off the lot MYAWD that a friend bought to the demo MYLR at a Tesla store, (did not check the milage). Both are worlds more comfortable than the 2018 RWD april build model 3 I have but going from the MYAWD to the other then back into the MYAWD was enough to get me to order the new MYAWD with the Structual pack and front casting, I was convinced, I also have had a Tesla for 5 years and am not as concerned about the range loss as others might be.

I have test driven both back to back and I can say without a doubt that the new 4680 car does drive better, feels more buttoned down, less cabin/road noise and just feels more refined compared to the LR that I drove, I am however comparing a new fresh off the lot MYAWD that a friend bought to the demo MYLR at a Tesla store, (did not check the milage). Both are worlds more comfortable than the 2018 RWD april build model 3 I have but going from the MYAWD to the other then back into the MYAWD was enough to get me to order the new MYAWD with the Structual pack and front casting, I was convinced, I also have had a Tesla for 5 years and am not as concerned about the range loss as others might be.
Did you get vin assigned yet? Do you have estimated delivery date for your order?

Did you get vin assigned yet? Do you have estimated delivery date for your order?
O.D. of 2/11, I don't know when the Vin was assigned but I did notice it in a couple of days so it was there pretty fast, this was the PA074 Vin., the EDD is 2/23-3/21 and that did not change even after the new Vin (PA080) was assigned, I was told by the SA at the store that the car is expected there 3/1 or 3/2, on 2/21 I received a text from the 510 number that there was a Vin paired with my order and to text "yes" to proceed , after i responded I asked if they had any idea on the date, and late next week is when its expected, that is inline with what i was told at the store, hope this helps.

O.D. of 2/11, I don't know when the Vin was assigned but I did notice it in a couple of days so it was there pretty fast, this was the PA074 Vin., the EDD is 2/23-3/21 and that did not change even after the new Vin (PA080) was assigned, I was told by the SA at the store that the car is expected there 3/1 or 3/2, on 2/21 I received a text from the 510 number that there was a Vin paired with my order and to text "yes" to proceed , after i responded I asked if they had any idea on the date, and late next week is when its expected, that is inline with what i was told at the store, hope this helps.
Oh so you had vin re-assigned on your same MYAWD order from pa074 to pa080