Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a second M3 - stick or twist on colour ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know the breakdown of colours imported into UK ?
Not for Tesla, but UK cars as a whole:

Edit: just noticed that's for last year - might be an update for Tesla since they made the top 10 this year

Both of our cars, the S and the 3, are blue. I like color, so I would not buy black, white or grey, and I hear red is a bit too attractive to the CHP. Haven't had a ticket in 28 years, so it must be working.

Where I live, blue and red are rare. Seems like EVERY 3 is white, and in my mind that's just boring. Seems like all these new owners own out-dated black and white television sets, I guess! And probably black and white houses, wives, pets, probably even their goldfish are grey.

We had our first Tesla painted. It was horrendously expensive, even on a hundred-thousand dollar car, so not doing that again, but wish I could. Our first car was a beautiful brown, and I still have the painted sample car (18") hanging above me on my wall. If I live long enough, I'll do it again.

BUT NEVER WHITE!!

• Disagree
Reactions: roadcred
We had our first Tesla painted. It was horrendously expensive, even on a hundred-thousand dollar car, so not doing that again, but wish I could. Our first car was a beautiful brown, and I still have the painted sample car (18") hanging above me on my wall. If I live long enough, I'll do it again.

BUT NEVER WHITE!!
"...beautiful brown" is hard to visualise, but I'm sure it was.

• Disagree
Reactions: roadcred
Buying a second M3 - stick or twist on colour ?

If you have changed Tesla’s then did you stick with same colour or twist for another ?

I’ve a white 2019 SR+ and looking to order either a new M3 or go ahead with my MY reservation.

Really happy with white 2019 SR+with black rims.

For a Y have ordered white again with Induction wheels

But If I go for another M3 think a shame to pick same colour again ??

What have others done ???
I have a white model 3, and have ordered another the same! I like it I think it looks like a spaceship.
But I would 100% go for a silver (not the grey) or ideally brushed steel if either were available. I did look at wrapping but it messes with insurance!

My M3 is blue, if i were to get another it would probably be midnight silver to work as an identifier of a new car (plus it was originally a toss up between the two colours). I'm considering a Y in about a year's time at the end of my lease, if I get a Y it'll be blue.