Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Purchased mine 3/12 online. VIN 142XXX arrived 3/16 with pick up date in Carlsbad, CA on 3/17. They actually said I could come in 3/16 but I couldn't. I was on the SR waiting list for 5 weeks until it began to look fruitless so I upgraded to a LR, same specs white on black, 5 seat, Gemini wheels, tow hitch, auto pilot. Picked up in perfect condition. Took only 30 minutes. I was surprised to find the build month/year on the only sticker on the driver side B column which shows tire specs in left top corner. It read 3/21. SA verified the actual build date 3/12/21.

Interesting, didn't know you could use the CVAP grant as part of the down payment! Was this through the Carlsbad service center? I just picked mine up yesterday and still have to go through that process.
I’ve done it with my Model Y in Oct too. Just have to tell them that you have the grant before delivery so they could add it in as part of your payment and it’ll lower the overall upfront cost.

And yes, it was the Carlsbad Service Center.

Reactions: jackgSD
Purchased mine 3/12 online. VIN 142XXX arrived 3/16 with pick up date in Carlsbad, CA on 3/17. They actually said I could come in 3/16 but I couldn't. I was on the SR waiting list for 5 weeks until it began to look fruitless so I upgraded to a LR, same specs white on black, 5 seat, Gemini wheels, tow hitch, auto pilot. Picked up in perfect condition. Took only 30 minutes. I was surprised to find the build month/year on the only sticker on the driver side B column which shows tire specs in left top corner. It read 3/21. SA verified the actual build date 3/12/21.
The build month and year is required on the build plate on the drivers door jamb. All cars, not just Tesla.

VIIIIIIIIIN DDDDDiesel!!
I'm done waiting.
Gonna call Costa Mesa today and see if I can pick up stat.
Vin must have popped up last night and they emailed me to make final payment before I even look at the car NAH FAM.
Hopefully I can pick it up today

MY LRAWD
WHITE/WHITE/GEMINI/FSD/5SEATER
Estimated Delivery: March 20 - March 24 (yesterday it said March 21-March 31)
VIN- ***********151643

VIIIIIIIIIN DDDDDiesel!!
I'm done waiting.
Gonna call Costa Mesa today and see if I can pick up stat.
Vin must have popped up last night and they emailed me to make final payment before I even look at the car NAH FAM.
Hopefully I can pick it up today

MY LRAWD
WHITE/WHITE/GEMINI/FSD/5SEATER
Estimated Delivery: March 20 - March 24 (yesterday it said March 21-March 31)
VIN- ***********151643

151xxx...!

Congrats. Here's hoping you get the new headlights on your LR.

Reactions: everydaychris
Doubtful there will be new headlights. And as has been discussed elsewhere, they won’t provide any benefits in the US for a long time. It’s more having the same parts worldwide than it is having better lights in the US.

Regarding payment, everyone should know o by now that you don’t need to pay til you pick up. If you are paying cash, give them The check once you accept the vehicle. Just because they email you doesn’t mean you have to pay at that instant. It’s just part of their automated process.

Reactions: everydaychris
Just called. They said the car isn’t even on the lot yet and would arrive maybe by Sunday. I can take delivery tmrw if it arrives before 2 pm.
They also said they can’t hold the car longer than 3 days: sucks because weekend is the only time we free.
Man they always gotta make it hard for us haha

Just called. They said the car isn’t even on the lot yet and would arrive maybe by Sunday. I can take delivery tmrw if it arrives before 2 pm.
They also said they can’t hold the car longer than 3 days: sucks because weekend is the only time we free.
Man they always gotta make it hard for us haha
All these waiting and checking is still way more enjoyable than buying from a dealership!

Got my VIN today! 151XXX
Picking up in Costa Mesa. Waiting for them to schedule delivery

Estimated Delivery: 3/22-3/25

Ordered 2/26
White/White
LR
No FSD or tow hitch
Induction
Got my VIN today! 151XXX
Picking up in Costa Mesa. Waiting for them to schedule delivery

Estimated Delivery: 3/22-3/25

Ordered 2/26
White/White
LR
No FSD or tow hitch
Induction wheels
Congrats!! Is this a 5 or a Y seater? I have the same build in 7 seats ordered on 1/7 no vin yet.