Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else supposed to pick up today in Fremont, but yet to get the text that the vehicle is ready? Mine is supposed to be ready today, and was either finishing production or getting detailed at lunchtime, but it's getting pretty late now. Guess they'll be working till pretty late in the night.

Anyone else supposed to pick up today in Fremont, but yet to get the text that the vehicle is ready? Mine is supposed to be ready today, and was either finishing production or getting detailed at lunchtime, but it's getting pretty late now. Guess they'll be working till pretty late in the night.

I'm sure they'll be there until midnight delivering cars. Honestly, better off not tonight. You can see your new car in the daylight and they won't be rushing to prep it.

Probably work out better for you? They can properly clean the car, and you can take your time to inspect it without a flashlight! VIN is attached to your order, so the car is yours.
Not according to Tesla. He said it will likely be re-assigned according to the queue, for some reason. Said it was 'complicated' lol. We'll see if it stays on my account, but he said it wouldn't.

I seriously will, right now (we're texting the final details)
Remind them about the extra 1,000 supercharger miles for taking delivery before the end of September. If you ordered with a referral code you should get 2,000 total; 1,000 from using the code and 1,000 "bonus" for before end of September delivery. Seems like you have to ASK for the extra bonus 1,000 though!

My SA called this morning to tell me they managed to find a match to my exact config, just without the tow hitch, which I can have installed later. He said it would be delivered direct from Fremont to my house, and that they would call me to set up the delivery for today. Haven't heard from anyone yet. I do have a VIN assigned, but still no word. Texted my SA a couple hours ago who said he was looking into it, but haven't had an update since.

Been lurking this thread throughout my run up to picking up my order. I’d like to thank everyone for sharing their stories!

I picked up my car today (white, black interior, AWD) at the SoCal popup, and have to admit that I was bracing for the worst when I was driving up, after reading some of the horror stories on here.

But, it was flawless! I couldn’t find a single issue besides some smudges that I was able to wipe up on the spot! It drives beautifully, and I still can’t believe that its sitting outside in my driveway right now. I might have to go out and check ;)

Anyway, heres a tip for those of you who are still waiting:
My original delivery appointment was for today before noon. They called me yesterday night to tell me that the car hand’t been built yet, and that I’d have to wait until mid October. I checked in with my DA this morning to confirm, and she told me that it was here, and ready to pick up in the afternoon.

So: even if they tell you its been delayed: don’t despair! They don’t seem to have the best info, and its worth calling day-of to double check. If I hadn’t who knows how long my car would have been sitting in that lot...

Cheers!

Reactions: Spacep0d
We are on the same boat, except waiting. I went factory, SA tell me my car probably cannot finish today and will deliver to you next few days.

I just got back from fremont with my MY.

Generally very good - though some minor issues:
  1. Black plastic around rear wheel well looks like it was scratched by something
  2. one of the rear lights is loose
  3. Slight panel gap issues between driver's door and rear door
  4. Frunk could be re-adjusted and centered
  5. Looks like a small pin prick damaged the paint on the rear
I was under the assumption we had 3 days or 100 miles to report all issues, but now a Tesla rep said 24hrs? Following up with the SA to confirm.

I just got back from fremont with my MY.

Generally very good - though some minor issues:
  1. Black plastic around rear wheel well looks like it was scratched by something
  2. one of the rear lights is loose
  3. Slight panel gap issues between driver's door and rear door
  4. Frunk could be re-adjusted and centered
  5. Looks like a small pin prick damaged the paint on the rear
I was under the assumption we had 3 days or 100 miles to report all issues, but now a Tesla rep said 24hrs? Following up with the SA to confirm.

May I ask when did they send you the pickup date?

7/31 - Ordered
8/6 - 5-8 week text
8/11 - 5-7 week text
8/25 - 3-5 week text
9/9 - 2-3 week text
9/17 - 7-13 day text
9/22 - 3-8 day text
9/26 - text for scheduled delivery 9/29 at Marina del Rey
9/28 - text for delivery 9/30
9/29 - text saying vehicle in transit, 8pm pickup on 9/30
9/30 - text saying car is delayed 2-3 days, offer to sell me one with a hitch for $1,000 more but that it comes with 1,00 miles supercharging ($33 for $1,000 and likely a rejected VIN, nope!).
9/30 - text for "tentative" delivery 10/2