Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those picking up in Cost Mesa the pick up location seems to have been moved to a structure near John Wayne airport due to COVID. Was hoping to have a Kodak moment in their building oh well haha
Thats what they told me too but I just got a more recent text that it got put back to the original Pullman location. I pick up tomorrow afternoon so I'll need to double check in the morning with them.

I just checked the site and it says December 2 to December 4. Not sure how they’ll deliver within two days if I don’t even have a VIN assigned yet but if they can do it I’m not complaining :)

Red/White MYP with Tow ordered 10/23

I ordered a red/white MYP on 10/4. I am 20 miles from you. Yet mine has no estimated date. I am in no rush and hope we get the upgraded center console. There’s no rhyme or reason though! Haha.

Yesterday my trade-in quote expired and the site asked for a refreshed mileage. I put in the exact same mileage and the value went down almost $5000! I reached out to my SA to see what's up. He said he would ask some department for a reason for the devaluation and get back to me.

Later in the afternoon I refreshed the page and it had auto accepted the new trade-in value and shows Estimated December 2 - December 14.

My delivery date on the site updated from “-“ to “December 11-31” yesterday. Ordered LR/Blue/Black/20”/FSD on 11/13, changed to White interior on 11/20. Can’t wait!!!

Question: Does the Tesla app basically show nothing until a VIN is assigned? It just says welcome, let’s get started, but there’s nothing to get started with?

My delivery date on the site updated from “-“ to “December 11-31” yesterday. Ordered LR/Blue/Black/20”/FSD on 11/13, changed to White interior on 11/20. Can’t wait!!!

Question: Does the Tesla app basically show nothing until a VIN is assigned? It just says welcome, let’s get started, but there’s nothing to get started with?

Yeah, the app shows nothing for me.

Reactions: Krock65

It will show nothing except for a misleading message until the day of delivery. Then it will show more misleading statements, until you accept delivery.

They really could work on the wording in the App.

Reactions: Krock65
It will show nothing except for a misleading message until the day of delivery. Then it will show more misleading statements, until you accept delivery.

They really could work on the wording in the App.
Telsa needs to get their shxt straight and not play mind games with us. I hate how they have uncertain dates on when cars are available for pick up. seems like if someone doesnt want the configuration or backs out is the only time they move down the list.

I'm so confused. Online when you try to order a MY it says delivery in 2-4 weeks. However based on most people here with previous orders it seems like it takes much longer than that?

Not sure if you guys have any advice for me, but I wanted to take delivery in January and I already had a previous reservation that I've been constantly delaying.

Would it be best to tell my SA that I'm ready to take delivery now and if they assign me a vin I can just delay the delivery? Or should I follow up with them in about a week or so and then tell them I'm ready?

I also live in CA OC SOCAL. MY LRAWD WHITE/WHITE

EVeryone here trying to get their cars ASAP, but for me I'm trying to wait financially till at least JAN hahha.

TYIA