Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UPDATE:
A VIN (90XXX) showed up on my account page this afternoon:) Excitedly waiting for the text to set up an appointment.

UPDATE:
I initially had a 12/26 delivery. Then every morning since, I get a call or text notifying a re-scheduling to the following day due to a transportation issue. My new date is now 12/29. Anyone else in the Los Angeles area experiencing the same?

Just got a call from Tesla, home delivery. I asked if I can come to Fremont and pick up the car, they blame City Alameda's COVID19 Guidance, which I think it's half true. Anyway, I am ok with it, we got 24hrs to accept the car. If you don't like it, you can reject and waiit for another car in Feb or March :), and you willl lose 1-year Free supercharge :)
Tesla strategy is smart, they announced 1-year Free supercharge for this month it's just to prevent rejections. They want to sell as many cars as they can for 2020 to report to Wall Street, if you reject, they can't include your car in the final sale numbers.
Did the Tesla rep tell you that you have to wait until Feb/March if you reject this month?

Our car arrived a day early.

Just got notified the car is at our local SC and to call them if I want to pick up or delivery. I went to the SC instead to do a visual. The car is dirty due to the overnight rain. My initial impression is the exterior fit and finish is good. I will perform the thorough inspection tomorrow when we pick up the car at 11am.

The Serramonte SC is packed with new Tesla’s. It’s a mad rush. New cars are going in and out.

Like toilet paper few months ago.

• Funny
Reactions: TerranCaz
Picking up my Red/white/20” MY later today from Costa Mesa! VIN 94XXX. It’s been quite a ride. Originally placed my order back in September and have been holding off for a while. The day has finally come! Good luck and congrats to everyone who is picking up!!

Our car arrived a day early.

Just got notified the car is at our local SC and to call them if I want to pick up or delivery. I went to the SC instead to do a visual. The car is dirty due to the overnight rain. My initial impression is the exterior fit and finish is good. I will perform the thorough inspection tomorrow when we pick up the car at 11am.

The Serramonte SC is packed with new Tesla’s. It’s a mad rush. New cars are going in and out.

Like toilet paper few months ago.

First of all congratulations.

When we picked up on Saturday at Serramonte, the lot was half full for pickups, but there was a truck unloading and a lot of cars in the back being prepped. Then we saw 3 more delivery trucks coming from Fremont as we were driving on the freeway to drop off the car for PPF and Tint.

after checking the cars, the outside looks good, with no major gaps or paint issues. But I have to return it since the rear driver door won't close if you have window all the way up. It does not happen. with other side door. I think it's a major defect, I can't believe they missed testing this one.

Reactions: AmbienWalrus
Picking up my Red/white/20” MY later today from Costa Mesa! VIN 94XXX. It’s been quite a ride. Originally placed my order back in September and have been holding off for a while. The day has finally come! Good luck and congrats to everyone who is picking up!!
Nice! I'm waiting until the new year to place an order on this exact spec. Post some pictures and impressions once you get a chance!

after checking the cars, the outside looks good, with no major gaps or paint issues. But I have to return it since the rear driver door won't close if you have window all the way up. It does not happen. with other side door. I think it's a major defect, I can't believe they missed testing this one.
Have you tried re-calibrating the power window actuator? This is very simple to do; Step 1: with the door closed raise the window using the driver's door control panel and hold for 15 seconds. Step 2: Lower the window all the way and hold for 15 seconds. Step 3: Raise the window all the way and hold for 15 seconds. That should reset the power window actuator.

tesla power windo accuator - Google Search

Reactions: Maric
quick update: After re-calibrating the power window, my door closes better but not 100%. So, it looks like it's an easy fix, I am going to accept the car and have Service Center to take a look later. Definitely, there is an issue. When the window rolls all the way up, I have to slam the door hard to close it. When the window rolls down, I can close the door with a gentle push. I believe when the window is rolled up, its angle may be too close to the door gasket that prevents it closes completely. Should be an easy fix at SC, so I will accept the car since the rest it's flawless.

Other than the rear driver door issue, the car it's flawless. I say flawless, I have spent 2 hours to inspect everything since I have 24hrs to do for home delivery, so far it's flawless. I could not find a tiny gap or a tiny paint job issue. Headlights align perfectly, taillights align perfectly, frunk, trunk, doors, no gaps at all. Roof glass is flawless too. The Interior is flawless too, no dirt, no scratches. All electronics work. Except for the scroll wheels button on steering wheels did not move/work at the first try, but after several pushes now they work very well.

So, I think Tesla did a very good job this time.

quick update: After re-calibrating the power window, my door closes better but not 100%. So, it looks like it's an easy fix, I am going to accept the car and have Service Center to take a look later. Definitely, there is an issue. When the window rolls all the way up, I have to slam the door hard to close it. When the window rolls down, I can close the door with a gentle push. I believe when the window is rolled up, its angle may be too close to the door gasket that prevents it closes completely. Should be an easy fix at SC, so I will accept the car since the rest it's flawless.

Other than the rear driver door issue, the car it's flawless. I say flawless, I have spent 2 hours to inspect everything since I have 24hrs to do for home delivery, so far it's flawless. I could not find a tiny gap or a tiny paint job issue. Headlights align perfectly, taillights align perfectly, frunk, trunk, doors, no gaps at all. Roof glass is flawless too. The Interior is flawless too, no dirt, no scratches. All electronics work. Except for the scroll wheels button on steering wheels did not move/work at the first try, but after several pushes now they work very well.

So, I think Tesla did a very good job this time.

That is awesome. So glad you are able to resolve the issue.

Enjoy your Y in good health.

That's definitely something that can be easily fixed at a service center, but its your prerogative.

Edit: Nevermind, saw your other post - glad you were able to resolve it!

UPDATE:
I initially had a 12/26 delivery. Then every morning since, I get a call or text notifying a re-scheduling to the following day due to a transportation issue. My new date is now 12/29. Anyone else in the Los Angeles area experiencing the same?

My car ended up being delivered and I was able to pick-up yesterday 12/28. VIN:90XXX. LR White exterior, no options. It looks good to me. No issues with gaps, paint, etc. I'm a happy camper. :D

Reactions: MYRiko
Ordered Model Y LR AWD white/black & white around February this year and I let the final step in my account hang there (finalized payment amount) till 12/13/2020. Finished Tesla finance application and got the rate the same day (12/13/2020). Got the delivery appointment last Saturday (12/26) and scheduled delivery for tomorrow. Supposedly it should be in Buena Park SC but got a call today said they will be setting up the delivery spot in Knott's Berry Farm parking lot. And the guy told me they don't accept personal check this time due to the pandemic and was asking me to submit the payment prior to delivery. Of course I reject this offer and told him I will inspect the car first before I submit my downpayment tomorrow online *with Plaid. They seems to be Okay with that. Anyway, I have free level 2 charging in my company so the 1 year free super charging is not a need to have sales point for me. Will see tomorrow.