Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calling all 2018 - 2019 100D MX - What's your range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to know what's the range (in typical for EU cars and in rated for US cars) you 2018 or 2019 100D Model X shows at 80%, 90% and 100% charge?
Please also post what was your inicial range when new and what is the current range and current km/miles
TIA

I never look at those numbers. I don't think they're particularly useful. I look at the expected charge level at destination. One of my routes is somewhat uphill, and another is somewhat downhill. Each is different.

I find people get really stressed looking at mileage numbers. It's really unfortunate this is even an option on these cars, since I never had that on any other vehicle I've used.

Sorry...I know you asked for 2018/2019 100D MXs, but for a comparison point, here's what my 4/17 100D MX is:

90%=258
100%=287

I just took delivery of this vehicle a few days ago and I must say I'm very happy about the relative lack of battery degradation over the 26k miles the car shows on the odo.

Every now and then I get tempted to trade my car in for more range. I'm glad I didn't trade it in for a 100D as that 100 mile gap seems to have closed quite a bit..2017 75D: 90% = 210 / 100% = 233. But that certainly is a long ways off from a LR+ at 322 miles...

2019 Raven is around 322 miles range at 100%. My “spring” wh/mi average for the last 1000 miles is 276 wh/mi With some towing and some A/C. And still a fair amount of regen limitation.

I find people get really stressed looking at mileage numbers. It's really unfortunate this is even an option on these cars, since I never had that on any other vehicle I've used.

Agree. Some even get really anal about it. Jeez it’s a car. Just drive it and when you need to charge, you charge! Just like you filled your ICE car‘s tank when it was time.
I‘ve been driving Tesla’s throughout Europe for 6 years now. In the first 2 or 3 weeks or so, back in 2014, I kept an eye on the battery gauge. I then forgot about it and just drove (choosing routes with superchargers if applicable of course).

Agree. Some even get really anal about it. Jeez it’s a car. Just drive it and when you need to charge, you charge! Just like you filled your ICE car‘s tank when it was time.
I‘ve been driving Tesla’s throughout Europe for 6 years now. In the first 2 or 3 weeks or so, back in 2014, I kept an eye on the battery gauge. I then forgot about it and just drove (choosing routes with superchargers if applicable of course).

I think folks have a legitimate concern to monitor the behavior of their batteries for abnormal degradation. There have been some cases that were bad batteries. They also want to verify that low numbers are not caused by poor charging practices. Some folks also are not that concerned if all cars behave the same way and there isn't something abnormal about their car.

If my ICE suddenly dropped from 30 mpg to 25 mpg average over similar trips, that is often a valid sign of a problem. Or I guess a more accurate comparison would be if my ICE fuel gauge only went to 3/4 after a year or two of driving.

Yes, I keep an eye on mine. Just as I kept an eye on my ICE as well.

Hi T R Tesla,

My car is a 2018 X100D with 20" wheels...
When I picked it up it in March 2018 it charged to 100% at 296 miles.
On my latest road trip in February (2020) it charged to 100% at 289 miles.

Shawn

That’s excellent. How many miles on it?

I think miles is more important than time. Miles equate to charge cycles.

Hi T R Tesla,

My car is a 2018 X100D with 20" wheels...
When I picked it up it in March 2018 it charged to 100% at 296 miles.
On my latest road trip in February (2020) it charged to 100% at 289 miles.

Shawn

Sounds like you have your battery in great shape.
It would be great if mine comes with with a range around those figures.
Mine is also a X 100D with 20'' wheels.

Hi Guys,

Thank you... It has 31,000 miles on it...

According to TeslaFi 12,601 kWh added by AC
and 2,000 kWh added by DC.
So it appears like a ratio of 6 to 1 Home charge vs Supercharge.
I only Supercharge on Road trips...
So far only 2 road trips: Round trip from South Michigan to Sherbrooke, QC
and Round trip from South Michigan to South Florida.

Shawn

People seem to "test" and "monitor" all sorts of battery statistics. Seem to have a need to quantify the precise miles achieved. This is mostly a fools errand as there are so many variables that go into how one owner might get more range than another.

For the most part the 100 battery lasts longer than most drivers bladders. Most always last an entire typical day for most and the stops every 4 hours or so on the road become welcome breaks from pounding down the highway.

Trying to determine the "health" of your battery by comparing it to others is also fraught with error. Everyone wants to get the "best" endurance, and it becomes kind of a game to determine if your battery is up there with the best. Again...too many variables.

Hi Uncle Paul,

I am certainly not trying to claim or to show picayune details of my battery.
Just stating my observed ratio of AC to Supercharger miles is high...
My wife's ratio is much higher than mine as she rarely Supercharges.
She also gets 270 miles on a 2015 S 85D on software 2020.20.1 (45,455 miles)
So somehow the "Gate" scandals have passed her by...
Or maybe it's because we live and park the cars in a pyramid shaped house. :)

We have not yet perfected the road trip, but our training has me stop
every 2 hours. Both a battery, bladder, and tight muscle situation.

YMWV,

Shawn

Reactions: streetskooler