Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calling all Raven Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

boonedocks

MS LR Blk/Blk 19”
May 1, 2015
Gainesville GA
Just took delivery of our SP+L yesterday and of course it has Insane listed.

All you Raven owners....what is your current software version?

Mine is 2019.15.102

upload_2019-6-10_10-1-16.png

2019.15.102, as well, and I'm the only X on TeslaFi with that version. Which tells me it's almost certainly specific to the Ravens, and perhaps we'll merge in with the rest of the X fleet (who are currently on 2019.16.something) with 2019.20 when it leaves early access.

Took delivery on 2019.7.106.

Did a deep reboot to see if it helped with something, and the car said firmware update needed, contact service center.

Left the car on my Wi-Fi for a few hours, and sure enough, it downloaded 2019.16.3.2 for itself.

Note that you're showing and describing an S, but you asked in the X forum, and the answers could be different...

oh
Took delivery on 2019.7.106.

Did a deep reboot to see if it helped with something, and the car said firmware update needed, contact service center.

Left the car on my Wi-Fi for a few hours, and sure enough, it downloaded 2019.16.3.2 for itself.

Note that you're showing and describing an S, but you asked in the X forum, and the answers could be different...

Seems like I should give the deep reboot a try :)

Interestingly, TeslaFi also reports that my 5/31-built X has AP HW 2.5 Not sure if that's just a reporting glitch at this early stage, or something else. I did not purchase FSD.
TeslaFi did have several bugs months ago when the first AP3 cars showed up. I reported a few of them and thought they would've fixed them by now. They did finally start reporting AP3 hardware stats in May. If you look at the codec used for the dash cam files, I believe it can help you determine if you really got AP2.5 or if you have AP3, as would be expected.

• Informative
Reactions: Zaxxon
Basic information security ... someone ringing Tesla with the last 6 digits apparently talked them into sending him the key:
How Someone Stole A Brand New Tesla Using Only A Phone

I mean, kinda... But for one my first X was listed on EV-CPO and you can still find records of it there today. My current Model 3 and Model X you can find the VIN by walking up to them and looking at the windshield. That's a Tesla support issue, not a problem with people sharing VINs. If someone wanted to steal my car by social-engineering a Tesla support engineer, they would be easier to find it in a parking lot and call then than because they'd already be in proximity to the car.

Basic information security ... someone ringing Tesla with the last 6 digits apparently talked them into sending him the key:
How Someone Stole A Brand New Tesla Using Only A Phone

That can't be told quite right. The VIN on every car is displayed on the dash, as required by law. If all he needed was the VIN, he could walk up to any car and steal it at any time.

What it sounds like happened is he was somehow able to get the car attached to his Tesla account so he could use the phone app on it. That's what the call to service did, though I'm not sure how he persuaded them to connect him.

There's no reason to splash your info around unnecessarily, but anyone who walks up to your car has the VIN if they want it, so aside from somehow associating the VIN with your other personal information online, I'm not seeing the added risk.