Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calling P85D owners world-wide for survey and complaint letter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another shitstorm like those two fires?
I at least wasn't fueling those fires ...

Not wanting to acknowledge problems and taking action to fix them is very much fueling fires, that kind of behavior turns the fires into explosions. Don't blame the messenger for the fire.

Well, non-enthusiasts tend to gloss over exact 0-60 numbers. Few know what a P85D is (out of the few that know what a Tesla is) and few care. The most people had exposure to the car are probably youtube reaction videos. If you ask any of them the 0-60 they would draw a blank.

I just look at the reactions to the supercharger letters. From the reactions over at the supercharger letter thread, you would think the public would side with the owners. However, what I have seen is the opposite. They seem to think Model S owners are an bunch of entitled rich people whining about some reasonable letters Tesla wrote. And that is the reaction to something that is critical for driving.

What would they think of people stressing out over 0.3-0.4 seconds of acceleration time? I doubt they would be able to relate.

Keep in mind while we here focus on those exact numbers, the CR report overall is very positive on the P85D and they also don't mention it like it's a big deal in their report: "Our P85D took 1.4 seconds to reach 30 mph and a scant 3.5 seconds to get to 60 mph in "Insane" mode—a bit short of the advertised 3.1 seconds"
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2015/08/tesla-model-s-p85d-test-results/index.htm

Well, in Denmark Tesla is well known and P85D has been in every major newspaper, but ok, that may just be Denmark. We just have to see if the side with Tesla or the Owners if it comes to that

As it is shaping, Denmark might be somewhat special ...

Then again, nobody questioned CM averaging their result.
You get one 3.0 and another 4.0 and average it as 3.5 and accuse tesla of lying about 3.1. But it is you who is lying because you did get one 3.0.

We Danes have always thought of our selfs as special :)

From my personal experience the numbers I get are very close, so an average of 3.5s may just be four runs between 3.45 and 3.55 or even closer. There is no way they have a 3.0 or even 3.2. But I don't know how your specific P85D behaves, so maybe you care to share some of your own P85D numbers and experience?

Well, in Denmark Tesla is well known and P85D has been in every major newspaper, but ok, that may just be Denmark. We just have to see if the side with Tesla or the Owners if it comes to that
Just the same in Norway. The P85D was headline news in _all_ major newspapers, and all carmagazines etc. Even the ludicrous-announcement got coverage in the biggest newspapers here.

The "700hp Tesla" must have hundreds of articles combined. It even sparked discussions about changing tax-law in Norway since it was so "cheap" for the "rich" people:)

ParklandFLMike | January 7, 2015
L7GICa.jpg

ParklandFLMike | 2015/03/23 - 08:47
P85D with 21" Wheels

86% Charge
60' 1.721
1/8 7.494 @ 91.33 mph
1/4 11.799 @ 114.11 mph

84% Charge
60' 1.717
1/8 7.486 @ 91.47 mph
1/4 11.791 @ 114.4 mph

71% Charge
60' 1.694
1/8 7.538 @ 89.93 mph
1/4 11.91 @ 112.7 mph

I am merely interested in truth.
Not what one believes, averages, feels or thinks, but TRUTH.
The truth is in the picture above. If your beliefs, averages, feelings and thoughts disagree with those pictures, post yours.

It takes only one who can now get a single run at 3.1 at drag strip, to prove, the car is still capable of doing it.
You on the other hand, may be doing it all wrong.

The truth is in the picture above. If your beliefs, averages, feelings and thoughts disagree with those pictures, post yours.

It takes only one who can now get a single run at 3.1 at drag strip, to prove, the car is still capable of doing it.
Nice to see you are still conveniently disregarding the whole roll-out aspect and cherrypicking an example not relevant date-wise to this thread. So much for wanting the "truth"..

You also conveniently leave out the fact that all here acknowledge that the car has no problem reaching the Tesla numbers when 0(zero) isn't actually zero. I.e sorka, dragtimes etc have confirmed the 3.1/3.2-times _with_ rollout. I think even wk057 has confirmed the same. 0-100kph times _without_ rollout is a completely different issue, but you arent interested in that truth now are you?

Granted, I may be doing it wrong. That is why we have asked Tesla to tell us precisely under what conditions we can expect to hit the numbers, but Tesla has not wanted give us that information. Furthermore Tesla has had my car in for tests and not been able to reach the specified numbers.

Well the truth is not in the picture above and I guess you have not taken the time read the first post in this thread. And that picture may be a product of wrong testing as well.

That is certainly not the truth :) If one car out of 5000 cars can make the numbers, then that car is faulty. I would go so far to say that if you were only able to get the numbers one time in your car, the only thing that proves is that is WAS able to do it that one time. Which may have been faulty equipment. You need to have a large enough amount of sample data to conclude that it is capable of doing it. With the data we have for our 15 P85D, should we have the luck to make the numbers, it would be a statistical abnormality (if you can use that word, but you know what I mean). It would certainly not be a valid data set to conclude that the car is capable of making the numbers.

Update: We did not start this just because we had one incident where we did not hit the numbers. We started this because we have not been able to hit the numbers even once and believe me when I tell you, we set out to prove that the car was able to hit the numbers. We have at no point had to objective to disprove Teslas claims, but we have just not been able to verify their claims.

Last edited:
... if Tesla goes out in Europe with a public response to the articles that they use roll out on that one specific model, it is going to be a shitstorm like they never experienced before.

Are you suggesting if Tesla decides to do something differently, that is not customary in your country, that there is going to be a 'shitstorm like they never experienced before? *This is every North American laughing at the suggestion that a rollout vs not a rollout could even remotely compare to the shitstorm Tesla has stirred up here by not having franchised dealerships - just one example off the top of my head.*

Are you suggesting if Tesla decides to do something differently, that is not customary in your country, that there is going to be a 'shitstorm like they never experienced before? *This is every North American laughing at the suggestion that a rollout vs not a rollout could even remotely compare to the shitstorm Tesla has stirred up here by not having franchised dealerships - just one example off the top of my head.*

Not differently, but deliberately lie about performance as roll out is not from Zero.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're going to judge people by if they own a P85D or not, you might want to discount the posts from people supporting your position also.

Fair?

Fair - but it was not to judge him, but as he has been posting as if he had first hand knowledge about the P85D I just called him out. But fair enough if he felt judged :)

Consumer Reports got 3.5 secs for P85D without rollout: Tesla P85D Handling, Braking, 0-60 Test Results | Consumer Reports - YouTube
One question, if all American 0-60s are done with rollout, then the P85D would still hold the same relative "rank" compared to other cars then right? Since all tested would be with rollout. Is that correct?

Sry if all of this has been posted/answered.

Where did you see that Consumer Reports did it without roll out? I could not find that information anywhere, but maybe I was not looking the right places.

You really want to be that bold and go down that road?

I'm saying I think that is how it will be perceived by the majority of potential customers in Europe if Tesla comes out and official states that on the P85D they use roll out and not from zero mph when measuring acceleration time 0-60 mph. Especially when they are not using it on the P85, 85D etc. Can you blame them for thinking that? Porsche, Audi, Mercedes and BMW does not use roll out and that is the competition in Europe. I don't know how that is me being bold? That is just zero meaning zero over here and not 4, 5 or 6.

CR might have an article on it, like Edmunds did, but they are subscription based so a lot of their content is behind a paywall and not easily searchable. Maybe a CR subscriber can find out?

From looking at their numbers for other cars though, it appears CR does not use rollout. They seem to be consistently 0.4-0.5 seconds off from the results from car magazines (which we do know use rollout).