Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camera calibration taking forever on a 10 days old MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've had our MY for 10 days and driven approx 145 miles. The camera calibration still hasn't completed from when it was initiated on the first day of driving the car. Most drives have been short runs to school, the longest drive was probably around 10miles but only 3-4 miles of it was on a dual carriageway. Does this sound right that it hasn't finished calibrating ? I've been monitoring the blue circle around the steering wheel to see how long left for it to complete calibration but it seems to be taking ages.

• Disagree
Reactions: Alan J
My drive home from collections was only 21 miles and about half of this was on dual carriageways, no motorway, the rest on single carriageways and the calibration completed shortly before I got home. So looks like a few miles of motorway/dual-way will fix it.

I have exactly the same issue. I got delivery of my Model Y in March 16th 2022. Cameras are still calibrating. Of course, I took it to service. After 380 miles they tried calibrating themselves and came up to the desition to replace the computer. The problem is that the part is not in stock. They also mentioned that there is no ETA for the part. I am so annoyed. They said the only option is to wait or file to lemon law. What!!?

They clearly have the parts, they are building new cars all the time.

They just, unfortunately, choose where to prioritise.
The 'no timeline' excuse from Tesla for parts can be improved as someone must know but clearly their communication system doesn't achieve this now

Yep, a Tesla gigafactory somewhere has the parts obviously, and clearly Tesla as an organisation could prioritise differently and is at fault, but what else is someone from a Service Centre going to say? The person at the Service Centre doesn't control factory supply. If they've pursued the issue from their location and been told they can't get the part then that's what they have to tell the customer and quite rightly point out that they can resort to consumer protection legislation if that answer isn't acceptable. Alternatively they could have been dishonest (knowing that part isn't actually going to arrive) and give out some BS like "I'm pursuing this at all levels on your behalf up to and including Elon Musk himself." ... and the long wait continues. Personally I would rather get the first response and get on with rejecting the car without further delay.