TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Can I extend the distance of the driver seat more?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by hWild, Jun 22, 2016.

1. hWild

hWild New Member

I am 6'2 and have a 2013 Model S and I get cramped up legs when driving it. My Dodge Charger has enough room where I can extend my legs out fully and not get cramping. I would say if my driver seat went back 2 more inches it would be perfect. Has anyone figured out how to do this? I imagine unbolting the seat and welding up some sort of a mount to the rails to extend the distance is the only way to do this? Thanks in advance. -hWild

2. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

This place makes lots of different ones, but none for the Model S. If you filled out a request they may start making them though.
    Home

3. hWild

hWild New Member

Thanks, I will shoot them an email.

4. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

Website says they'll make a custom kit for $1500 and that they're based in Los Angeles.

Hopefully they'll add the Model S to their supported product line soon.

Thanks for the link.

5. scottm

scottm Active Member

Gives new meaning to "extending driver range" in an EV.

You will arrive at the destination 2 inches later than any other Tesla.

• Funny x 2