Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you force upgrades for app? For car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Legend has it that doing a soft restart - holding both steering wheel buttons down until the screen restarts - may help speed along an update. On two occasions that seemed to have worked for me, but it may have just been a coincidence.
It was a coincidence. 🙂

The new shortcuts are a feature of the iOS app, which you can upgrade from the app store. I don’t recall if they require a specific version in the car.

I’d like to use the new shortcuts and get the latest Y SW. is there a trick to force upgrades?
There is no way to force an update if it is not yet scheduled for your car. You can go to the software page in your car to see when the car last checked for an update. If it has been more than 24 hours since the last check, you might be able to trigger a check by rebooting the MCU. Beyond that, the car will automatically download new software when it is its turn.

As far as the App goes, I suspect when you get a new version is dependent on the App store.