Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay understood, Its a little fustrating because I really want the white interior and I feel Tesla should meet any reservations requirements that were made prior to the announcement of changing factory.
You could cancel and wait and see if they add the white again later, but then you risk longer wait times or the price going up.

I know it sucks, but given how long you have been waiting, I would recommend that you talk to your SA as soon as possible and snag one of those incoming vehicles.

You could cancel and wait and see if they add the white again later, but then you risk longer wait times or the price going up.

I know it sucks, but given how long you have been waiting, I would recommend that you talk to your SA as soon as possible and snag one of those incoming vehicles.

I agree,

do you know if my price remains the same? meaning they will reduce the price from the white interior from my total? or does the base price from the performance go up? My price was cheaper then the current price.

Just pick up my Y today. Quality and finish are impeccable! I’m pretty shock! Ive found nothing bad. 🤩

SA told us that we were lucky to get our car cause it was not on one stuck in BC. They are told to not give any details about the strike.

Referral FSD trial do come with vehicule upon delivery (activated).

Vehicule does come with HW3.

Happy to finally join the Tesla family!

View attachment 955677
Wanna ask the person who referred you what their account shows for credits?? Congratulations , looks good 👍

On a side note now that I have to re configure everything. Is getting a Model Y Performance worth it? concidering it cost an extra 3,700$ (I added upgraded 20" rims, tow hitch and black exterior to the long range) plus you get an additional 5k from the goverment bringing that to a savings of 8,700$.

Am I better off just purchasing the spoiler , and brake calipers elsewhere and installing them? and getting extra 50ish Kilometers?

Any opinions on this?

On a side note now that I have to re configure everything. Is gettong a Model Y Performance worth it? concidering it cost an extra 3,700$ (I added upgraded 20" rims, tow hitch and black exterior to the long range) plus you get an additional 5k from the goverment bringing that to a savings of 8,700$.

Am I better off just purchasing the spoiler , and brake calipers elsewhere and installing them? and getting extra 50ich Kilometers?

Any opinions on this?
I personally went with the long range with upgraded wheels. The performance model is fast yes, but really that doesn’t matter to me. The performance is also not eligible for the credit so it made no sense.

Okay understood, Its a little fustrating because I really want the white interior and I feel Tesla should meet any reservations requirements that were made prior to the announcement of changing factory.
@JesseMoreira06 That's what I went through on June 9th when they switched MYLR to MIC builds. The kicker here is China makes white interior for nearly all other countries but Canada.

Now I'm looking for white seats covers and leaning towards Taptes right now. That's an option. Nothing we can do about the smaller battery or charging speed.

Hopefully your get assigned one of the MYP from the last shipment. 🤞

Reactions: JesseMoreira06
On a side note now that I have to re configure everything. Is getting a Model Y Performance worth it? concidering it cost an extra 3,700$ (I added upgraded 20" rims, tow hitch and black exterior to the long range) plus you get an additional 5k from the goverment bringing that to a savings of 8,700$.

Am I better off just purchasing the spoiler , and brake calipers elsewhere and installing them? and getting extra 50ish Kilometers?

Any opinions on this?
You could get the MYLR with larger wheels then upgrade to the performance package ($2,700?) which gives you an extra 1/2 second of the 0-60 mph which is pretty close to the performance, not sure the top speed increase though. And you still qualify for the tax incentive.

Personally I care more about range and standard mode is more than enough torque and speed to get me into trouble. 😉 Also the 19’’ Gemini Wheels give you a softer ride.

Any opinions on this?
Personally I think that's a good plan. Most people wouldn't notice the difference in real life, tbh. And in this country you can't use the speed 6 months out of the year anyway.

But that said...if you WANT the Performance model, get it. The last thing you want is to regret your choice later.

As for your earlier question about the pricing, I'm not sure. That's a conversation you'll need to have with your SA.

You could get the MYLR with larger wheels then upgrade to the performance package ($2,700?) which gives you an extra 1/2 second of the 0-60 mph which is pretty close to the performance, not sure the top speed increase though. And you still qualify for the tax incentive.

Personally I care more about range and standard mode is more than enough torque and speed to get me into trouble. 😉 Also the 19’’ Gemini Wheels give you a softer ride.
At that point, you might as well just get the MYP, lol. Although I suppose the tax incentive makes a difference.

But I also went with the MYLR (no performance upgrade) because of the cost difference and extra range. Also did the 19" wheels because $2600 is quite a lot to pay for the upgraded wheels, not to mention the harsher ride.

I'll probably get new wheel covers at some point.

2B6228A2-F49C-41FA-B887-87FA843CE2DC.jpeg

I like how she’s getting ready for tmrw morning. I bet shes gonna go full throttle!

• Funny
Reactions: CaptStealthy
Let's hope so... like I said in my post in the shipping thread, currently the vehicle carriers that I could find anchored off Vancouver (original ETA's in brackets) are the VIKING SEA (7/3), LAPIS ARROW (7/7), GLOVIS SPLENDOR (7/15*), and VIKING QUEEN (7/17*). The HEROIC ACE diverted to Seattle, so it's unclear whether or not she'll return to Vancouver.
(* = Not sure why these dates are in the future, updated ETA maybe?)

Additional vehicle carriers that are coming in the next few days (according to vesselfinder.com) are MORNING MARGARETA (7/16), PRESTIGE ACE (7/16), and ONYX ARROW (7/23).

So in total, we'll have upwards of 7 or 8 waiting vehicle carriers for 2 auto terminals - so even if the strike is magically resolved by tomorrow, there is still going to be a bit of a delay.

The good news is that the company that operates the two auto terminals also just happens to own the MORNING MARGARETA, which is carrying a large shipment of Tesla vehicles (including mine!).
(WWS Vehicle Services Canada is the operator of the two auto terminals, and they're a subsidiary of Wallenius Wilhelmsen, which owns an 80% stake in EUKOR, which is the company that owns the boat)

My personal guess is that VIKING SEA and MORNING MARGARETA will be unloaded one after the other, because of the fact that VIKING SEA is carrying such a small load of Teslas. And my hope is that because Wallenius Wilhelmsen owns MORNING MARGARETA, that they would give priority to their own ship. 🤞

If it was MY port, I would unload the VIKING SEA as soon as the strike is over, and (assuming the strike gets resolved tomorrow) get her out of there just in time for the arrival of MORNING MARGARETA, combining the two Tesla loads and putting them on the same trucks/trains heading out of Vancouver.

But it's not my port, so time will tell...
In addition to this, NEW CENTURY 1 is also anchored off Vancouver Island, and was supposed to arrive on July 4th.

However, looks like HEROIC ACE departed Seattle for Los Angeles, so I don't think she'll be returning to Vancouver.

Fingers crossed for good news tomorrow, and hopefully VIKING SEA and MORNING MARGARETA are at the top of the list! 🤞

Reactions: yvr_my