Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For what it's worth, I don't see a problem paying $300 for the connector when I'm already paying $70K for the car. I would rather use the Tesla branded cables instead of trying to skimp on a few bucks.

I also ordered my mobile connector when I placed the order for the vehicle last week, and the mobile connector arrived earlier this week, so it ships quickly.
yeah I tend to agree with you. I will just have to suck up the extra cost :) I am convincing myself that the 110v adapter could be useful in the future anyway

Still waiting over here. I naively thought that a car could get from Vancouver to Toronto in fewer than 13 days but apparently not :) Looking forward to seeing some Ontario based people taking delivery soon!

Hope you get yours soon. Still glad I gave up my blue+white order for all black. It's worth the wait since MIC has flawless quality. I have booked PPF with my friends shop and there was a brand new white Fermont made MYLR and immediately could tell the fit was way off with doors and trunk. Yours will look great!

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-30 at 20.28.21.jpg

I logged in to my profile this morning and a note popped up saying Accelerated Delivery available and asked if I wanted to select from a list of available Model Y’s with same configurations as what I ordered. I immediately chose one that was exact same configuration and was also given a $710 discount. It then asked me to accept the Tesla Vision statement and then was given an EDD of August 4-18.

I ordered June 27 and was showing June-July previously to this update. In Ontario.

Also seems to show a lot of inventory in their site now for Model Y.

….and now got a VIN as well.

I logged in to my profile this morning and a note popped up saying Accelerated Delivery available and asked if I wanted to select from a list of available Model Y’s with same configurations as what I ordered. I immediately chose one that was exact same configuration and was also given a $710 discount. It then asked me to accept the Tesla Vision statement and then was given an EDD of August 4-18.

I ordered June 27 and was showing June-July previously to this update. In Ontario.

Thanks for this - I can see an inventory model that matches the one I have had on order since May 5 that is discounted. Think I will get the discount as well?

Reactions: chng
Thanks for this - I can see an inventory model that matches the one I have had on order since May 5 that is discounted. Think I will get the discount as well?
I assume so. I’ve seen a lot of people see the discount just reflected on their accounts automatically. Are you able to select that inventory vehicle for purchase? Maybe you can message your SA and ask if you can switch possibly.

Reactions: chng
Just to follow up - called my SA and he said he would try to get me the discount but wasn’t sure. Best he could do would be to cancel my order and let me buy the discounted one which should be a week or so behind mine. Seems dumb given I don’t have mine yet.

Just to follow up - called my SA and he said he would try to get me the discount but wasn’t sure. Best he could do would be to cancel my order and let me buy the discounted one which should be a week or so behind mine. Seems dumb given I don’t have mine yet.
i wonder if the discount is tied to a potential price drop coming...Tesla announces Q2 earnings on July 19...if youre picking up before then you dont get the reduction but after that you're getting a ~1% reduction

i wonder if the discount is tied to a potential price drop coming...Tesla announces Q2 earnings on July 19...if youre picking up before then you dont get the reduction but after that you're getting a ~1% reduction
Tesla announced a fairly significant model y price drop in Australia today. Hopefully we can see more discounts in Canada too (particularly now that they are importing cars made in China)

How do you get the prompt to choose an inventory vehicle? I don't see anything in my order screen 😣

I sent my SA a message, but it's Canada Day, so obviously none of them are working...

I just got a message from my SA that he said he would have to change the vehicle to the August batch 😭 I told him that someone else in Vancouver was able to change it, hopefully he could do the same for me 🙏
How are you talking to your SA today??

I sent them text messages this morning, but no answer yet. I also tried to call into their call centre, but the system said they were closed and hung up on me.