Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That makes me suspect that your vehicle is onboard VIKING SEA.

She is still anchored south of Victoria, so either the Customs clearance hasn't happened yet, or she's stuck there until the port strike is resolved. :(
I have confirmation from my rep that it is in Canada already - landed June 17 but that it is 'waiting for others' to make the trip across the country. brutal.

A Hyundai car dealership in Victoria normally gets its cars delivered from South Korea, but already the strike is causing delays and rerouting.

"Some of those boats are getting redirected to Seattle," says dealership manager Brandon Kot. "And then Hyundai lets us know they’re going to then train them up to us. But you can imagine how much longer the time is."

I wonder if Tesla will do something similar if the strike isn't resolved by EOW.

Parliament is off for the summer, so they would have to be recalled in order to introduce back-to-work legislation. The labour minister is also adamant that this needs to be resolved at the bargaining table - in other words, they don't have the guts to intervene, at least not yet, lol

Once the boats start sailing south and those Canadian jobs start being replaced by American workers, maybe that will help get things moving! 🤣

Jokes aside though, it's in everyone's best interest to resolve this quickly. Although it doesn't sound like either side is going to cave anytime soon, at least not yet.

Received today a « upcoming delivery email » from my SA, they confirm car will be delivered on July 11th. (I’m from Quebec)
EDD was July 4-18th
EDD2 July 7-20th
EDD3 July 12th (from SA system)
EDD4 July 11th (from SA SMS, and email)

Email was saying;
-Appointment hour schedule SMS will be received in the nexts hours/day from Tesla.
- Info about due payment
- VIN confirmation
- Told me to upload insurance proof
- Told me procedure for license plate
- Invitation to join a Microsoft teams expert session to learn about our new Tesla Y

Can’t wait till Tuesday!

Edit: SA doesnt mention any delay due to the strike.

Just a little update on my end. I was back and forth on either Midnight Silver and Black. My original order (May 10th) was a Black Performance with tow hitch. I browsed inventory and saw a Midnight Silver Performance with tow hitch incoming. Since Midnight Silver is now the "Included" colour, the switch has saved me $2700 since now I'd receiving the $700 inventory discount from last week and $2000 for not getting Black. Best part is my delivery window didn't change much (used to be July 4th to 18th, and now July 7th to 20th) but I'm guessing the port strike is to blame more than anything.

Apparently my MYP is now in or past Winnipeg - so it is on its way at least! I sent a note to my SA about the new EDD (July 9-23) and they were kind of curt when they wrote back saying "Our transportation team knows all our clients want to receive the vehicles on time or even sooner". Um...you can't really say "On Time" when the EDD gets moved 10 times between purchase and delivery, can you?

My regular guy is great though and followed up with something a bit nicer. Said I should be getting the email to set my delivery date in the next few days...

Apparently my MYP is now in or past Winnipeg - so it is on its way at least! I sent a note to my SA about the new EDD (July 9-23) and they were kind of curt when they wrote back saying "Our transportation team knows all our clients want to receive the vehicles on time or even sooner". Um...you can't really say "On Time" when the EDD gets moved 10 times between purchase and delivery, can you?

My regular guy is great though and followed up with something a bit nicer. Said I should be getting the email to set my delivery date in the next few days...
Can you ask them about the strike situation over there, since I kinda annoyed my SA, and his responds are always a yes or no now.

Can you ask them about the strike situation over there, since I kinda annoyed my SA, and his responds are always a yes or no now.
I think they're all tired of hearing the same questions from every customer, lol.

I was also just looking at the marine traffic map, and saw one of the 3 vessels (OOCL SAN FRANCISCO) that was sitting in a cluster with VIKING SEA left the anchor point. She's a container ship, not a vehicles carrier, but sounds like her company got tired of waiting and set sail for Seattle.

When I google'd the ship's name, though, I also came across this link, that showed it was supposed to sail into Vancouver first, and then on to Seattle. But it looks like they just revised the schedule to unload American-bound containers first, and then try to get back to Vancouver.

The other two ships with VIKING SEA are the EUROPE and the STAR LYSEFJORD - all 3 are still anchored. But based on what I've seen, it doesn't seem like it's straightforward to simply unload cargo in Seattle, like we were thinking before. 😟

Clearly, I am spending far too much time on learning about marine operations, LOL...

Reactions: chng and Bob123
Just saw the new Tesla referral program update. Got the $650 discount posted in my account!
Screenshot 2023-07-06 at 11.59.54 PM.png

Just saw the new Tesla referral program update. Got the $650 discount posted in my account!View attachment 953909
I got the same! I much prefer a cash discount and the FSD trial compared to those credits lol. I guess if you haven't taken delivery yet, you get bundled into the new referral program.

I'll use FSD for the 3 months, but it's not going to be enough for them to entice me to buy it for $19K, lol. Maybe one month per year, if they ever bring monthly subs to Canada.

And Congrats @RedGing12! Welcome to Team Blue 😎🔵

I got the same! I much prefer a cash discount and the FSD trial compared to those credits lol. I guess if you haven't taken delivery yet, you get bundled into the new referral program.

I'll use FSD for the 3 months, but it's not going to be enough for them to entice me to buy it for $19K, lol. Maybe one month per year, if they ever bring monthly subs to Canada.

And Congrats @RedGing12! Welcome to Team Blue 😎🔵
Thank you @CaptStealthy 😀 I'm too excited. Been refreshing the app all week looking for an updated delivery date.

I also received the $650 discount and free FSD offer. I saw the change on my order last night.