Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
in April I got a 5.88% interest rate for loan through Tesla . Do recent orders have a similar rate? Thinking of making an adjustment, worried interest rate will be bumped up.
Interest rates are only locked in for 30 days once approved so it’s most likely expired now. You’ll have to reapply at whatever the current rate is.

EDIT: What I would suggest is if you’re expecting delivery next month, reapply as close to the end of the month as possible to lock in your rate for 30 days. The rates are determined each month as confirmed by Tesla finance.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkCR
No not at all,because when I order it it was in the inventory but states"coming soon",but at that time if I build my order it said"Jul to Aug"
If that's the case, my guess is that your vehicle has been built, and was supposed to be on the next ship after MORNING MARGARETA, but that shipment was cancelled because of the strike.

Now that it's been resolved, keep an eye for further updates in the 2023 Shipping Movements thread to see when the next ship heads into Shanghai South.

You could also ask your SA and see if they know if it's in transit to Canada yet or not.

Interest rates are only locked in for 30 days once approved so it’s most likely expired now. You’ll have to reapply at whatever the current rate is.

EDIT: What I would suggest is if you’re expecting delivery next month, reapply as close to the end of the month as possible to lock in your rate for 30 days. The rates are determined each month as confirmed by Tesla finance.
Funny they reassessed the trade in each month , but not the financing.

If that's the case, my guess is that your vehicle has been built, and was supposed to be on the next ship after MORNING MARGARETA, but that shipment was cancelled because of the strike.

Now that it's been resolved, keep an eye for further updates in the 2023 Shipping Movements thread to see when the next ship heads into Shanghai South.

You could also ask your SA and see if they know if it's in transit to Canada yet or not.
Thanks for letting me know!well I don't have an SA because I ordered it online,in this case should I call the shop or the hotline?

Just got off the phone with Tesla and asked when I will be getting a VIN since my EDD is so close.. the lady said because I live in BC they do not assign a VIN number and that I will get it when I come into the dealership? Because in BC you have register your insurance in person and so they don't give it out before. Sounds strange but can anyone confirm this?

16D7052E-9C30-4EB4-BAAD-5A4298CA0F03.jpeg

What this suppose to mean??! 🤨

Just got off the phone with Tesla and asked when I will be getting a VIN since my EDD is so close.. the lady said because I live in BC they do not assign a VIN number and that I will get it when I come into the dealership? Because in BC you have register your insurance in person and so they don't give it out before. Sounds strange but can anyone confirm this?
check your order agreement