Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do have a question based on the info you just provided. My OD was June 4. Build date 16th June. What are the odds of my car being on the Viking Sea vs MM???
I have the same build date for my MYLR blue and I ordered on May 21st. I'm leaning towards it's on the Morning Margareta. Having a June 16th build day and the Viking Sea departure on June 19th, when the port looked pretty full on the 15th... Seems unlikely that the cars are mainland now. Mostly on MM currently. 😞

I have the same build date for my MYLR blue and I ordered on May 21st. I'm leaning towards it's on the Morning Margareta. Having a June 16th build day and the Viking Sea departure on June 19th, when the port looked pretty full on the 15th... Seems unlikely that the cars are mainland now. Mostly on MM currently. 😞
My car was also built on June 16th, yours is probably on the rail to Ontario.

Reactions: Bob123
Thanks for the info!
Just to add onto what @sw0op said... (nerd-splaining ahead...)

MM is currently scheduled to be brought to English Bay Anchorage (on the north side of the Port of Vancouver) tomorrow night. She will stop there and await Customs clearance, which I don't think would be taking place late at night.

The schedule can always change on a number of factors, including whether MM arrives and departs from Tacoma on time, congestion at either port, etc.

After Customs clearance is complete (or close to it), we'll see another order to bring MM over to Sandheads (outside of the Fraser River) and to an auto terminal - the ILWU 502 site will then reveal what shift(s) will unload the vehicles.

Then @Bob123 can watch the webcams for us to find when the car carrier trucks start rolling! 😂

Timelines are anyone's guess at this point, but we'll know more over the coming days.

• Funny
Reactions: Bob123
Figured I'd let people here know that I saw a load of Viking Sea cars arrive in Calgary the other day. Saw at least 8 at the service center there. just need to be unwrapped/prepped for customers. Also a bunch of "in transit" cars appeared available for purchase, many MYLR.
@Bob123 When did those trucks with the first VIKING SEA cars roll out?

That'll give us an idea of the shipping time to AB, SK, etc.

MM is currently scheduled to be brought to English Bay Anchorage (on the north side of the Port of Vancouver) tomorrow night. She will stop there and await Customs clearance, which I don't think would be taking place late at night.

The schedule can always change on a number of factors, including whether MM arrives and departs from Tacoma on time, congestion at either port, etc.

After Customs clearance is complete (or close to it), we'll see another order to bring MM over to Sandheads (outside of the Fraser River) and to an auto terminal - the ILWU 502 site will then reveal what shift(s) will unload the vehicles.

Then @Bob123 can watch the webcams for us to find when the car carrier trucks start rolling! 😂

Timelines are anyone's guess at this point, but we'll know more over the coming days.
This is a very logical timeline for the next few days. If everything goes well, I think it is fair to expect to ship to be unloaded by the 28th if not later.

in Toronto, there is a car (white MYLR with Tow) exactly the same configuration as mine, marked as "coming soon". Does it mean it is on the way to Toronto or it is still in MM? My EDD is Aug 04 to 18, just wondering if it means my car is in Canada already.

in Toronto, there is a car exactly the same configuration as mine, marked as "coming soon". Does it mean if it is on the way to Toronto or it is still in MM? My EDD is Aug 04 to 18, just wondering if it means my car is in Canada already.
Those "coming soon" are cars that were just made and left the factory in Shanghai, with an estimate to come some point in September.

Your EDD suggests most likely your car is on MM and should arrive in Vancouver fairly soon.

Reactions: cramto
There's finally a call order for the MM!!!
it's coming to the port of Vancouver Tues night or Wed early morning!!!!!!!

Additional info is much appreciated!

Out of curiosity and data sampling... anyone here from Ontario or Quebec with an EDD late July to early August got the appointment schedule email already?
Not yet!
My current EDD is July 27- August 10.

According to my SA, my car should be here in toronto by next week. Most likely by 1st August

And you get the appointment schedule email once your car reaches the tesla centre.

Reactions: cramto