Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My OD was June 21, and my EDD currently is July 24 to Aug 7 - although I fully expect that to be pushed back again.

I am stumped as to why Vancouver is not taking in any more vehicle carriers at the moment - it appears that two of them (MORNING MARGARETA and ANDROMEDA SPIRIT - the latter is not a Tesla ship) were supposed to arrive between today and tomorrow, and it seems like both of them are diverting to Tacoma. ONYX ARROW (not a Tesla ship) is being brought in to Annacis tomorrow, but the other two piers for vehicle carriers are not being used.

The only explanation I can think of is that there are too many vehicles already parked at the port, and there is no room to unload any more at the moment. That would explain why MM is going down to Tacoma - they may be hoping to clear the backlog by the time she comes back.

If any of you Vancouverites are passing nearby the port, can any of you swing by Fraser Wharves or Annacis and just see if there are still a ton of vehicles parked there?

Or for those of you in Vancouver that have Tesla pickups scheduled, are any of you picking up around Wednesday or Thursday? Because that would also line up with them getting cars out of the port between today and tomorrow...

Most likely something to do with the BC Port Strike that's been going on. I hear they're close to a deal though (I only started researching after I realized it would affect my order).

Hi,
I've been checking the recent comments and looking at my VIN, and I'm still confused about whether my Tesla is on Morning Margareta, Viking Sea, or on train already. Here is my schedule.

Can someone please help me figure out where my Tesla is based on my schedule below?

I obtained a hidden VIN last week around by SA email

MYLR ordered in Toronto

ODJune 6
EDD1June - July
EDD2July 12 - August 17
EDD3July 22 - August 5
EDD4August 11 - August 20
EDD5July 28 - August 11

Hi,
I've been checking the recent comments and looking at my VIN, and I'm still confused about whether my Tesla is on Morning Margareta, Viking Sea, or on train already. Here is my schedule.

Can someone please help me figure out where my Tesla is based on my schedule below?

I obtained a hidden VIN last week around by SA email

MYLR ordered in Toronto

ODJune 6
EDD1June - July
EDD2July 12 - August 17
EDD3July 22 - August 5
EDD4August 11 - August 20
EDD5July 28 - August 11
If I was going to take a guess...and i'm sure most of us are....I would say yours was on the Viking Sea

My OD was June 10th and VIN shows build date of May 13th.. everyone else here seems to believe mine was on the Viking Sea but my date keeps getting pushed back..

I'm in Langley, BC.

My OD was June 21, and my EDD currently is July 24 to Aug 7 - although I fully expect that to be pushed back again.

I am stumped as to why Vancouver is not taking in any more vehicle carriers at the moment - it appears that two of them (MORNING MARGARETA and ANDROMEDA SPIRIT - the latter is not a Tesla ship) were supposed to arrive between today and tomorrow, and it seems like both of them are diverting to Tacoma. ONYX ARROW (not a Tesla ship) is being brought in to Annacis tomorrow, but the other two piers for vehicle carriers are not being used.

The only explanation I can think of is that there are too many vehicles already parked at the port, and there is no room to unload any more at the moment. That would explain why MM is going down to Tacoma - they may be hoping to clear the backlog by the time she comes back.

If any of you Vancouverites are passing nearby the port, can any of you swing by Fraser Wharves or Annacis and just see if there are still a ton of vehicles parked there?

Or for those of you in Vancouver that have Tesla pickups scheduled, are any of you picking up around Wednesday or Thursday? Because that would also line up with them getting cars out of the port between today and tomorrow...
Is it a possibility that the ship will unload its cargo in Tacoma and they will transfer the vehicles via land to Vancouver?

Is it a possibility that the ship will unload its cargo in Tacoma and they will transfer the vehicles via land to Vancouver?
It's a possibility, but seems very unlikely. I think what will happen is they will unload the cars bound for America when they dock in Tacoma, then head over to Vancouver. There's no way to tell 100% since there's literally no information about Morning Margareta in any of the Canadian schedules.

My EDD continues to be August 4-18. Until it gets pushed or an SA tells me otherwise, I'm going to assume everything is fine. 😬

To the folks in Toronto, Ontario. I bring some good news if your OD was early June and if your car was on Viking Sea.

Just called my SA to get confirmation if my car was already in canada (That would mean it was on the Viking Sea) or if it was still in transit from china to canada (MM).

SA confirmed it’s already in canada (Means it was on Viking) and currently in transit from vancouver to toronto.
It should arrive here in toronto by next week, probably 1st August.

To the folks in Toronto, Ontario. I bring some good news if your OD was early June and if your car was on Viking Sea.

Just called my SA to get confirmation if my car was already in canada (That would mean it was on the Viking Sea) or if it was still in transit from china to canada (MM).

SA confirmed it’s already in canada (Means it was on Viking) and currently in transit from vancouver to toronto.
Wooo 🥳

Reactions: Danny41195

I have some not so exciting news for folks in Toronto whose EDD is the same as me: August 4-18 with cars on MORNING MARGARETA.

SA advised me that the ETA for the car to arrive has been pushed from Aug 9 to Aug 16, reason quoting the port strike.

They said they are very hopeful that the August 16 date is accurate.

Not sure who you guys are dealing with at Tesla in Vancouver. But I'm dealing with someone named Leslie and they have been great at answering my questions, but some times I get a response from someone name Paul and they have terrible customer service and has provided incorrect information that had to be corrected by his colleagues, I’m guessing it's a shared inbox?

Anyways I emailed Leslie to ask if he knows if my car is in Canada yet or still in transit , unfortunately Paul answered and said it was just put on a ship and still in China, I find that very hard to believe based on the all the investigation everyone here has done!

• Funny
Reactions: CaptStealthy