Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Best I've seen
Thanks for the suggestion!

I wonder if it’s even worth worrying about tbh. I’m getting full front PPF but my installer didn’t seem concerned about the license plate at all.

Anyone not taking delivery of their cars and waiting for HW4.0? Can anyone confirm what batteries we are getting too?
I was going to, but it’s not worth the extra wait in my opinion. HW3 is capable enough for me and won’t hinder my experience with the car.

As for the batteries. I think that the RWD models get the LFP battery and the AWD models get the NMCA battery made by LG (someone correct me if I’m wrong). The LG battery has a lower range, but it’s more stable in cold weather.

Reactions: bckelowna
Is my LR in the MM? I'm in Quebec.
Reddit says born July 22nd ;()

Attachments

• IMG_1439.jpeg
    IMG_1439.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 78
Yes. I'm in Kitchener, ON. I emailed today with the news of the strike. They were vague and said "it's in transit". Here's to hoping it's already been offloaded.
If it was on the Morning Margareta it’s definitely offloaded. The ship already left for Asia.

There wouldn’t have been an immediate delay from the union vote because the port is still operating. It must just be that there are so many cars to unload and transport that it’s taking longer than they thought.

Reactions: CaptStealthy
If it was on the Morning Margareta it’s definitely offloaded. The ship already left for Asia.

There wouldn’t have been an immediate delay from the union vote because the port is still operating. It must just be that there are so many cars to unload and transport that it’s taking longer than they thought.
Just to give you some insight!

I didn’t know my car was on the Viking, so till the time the car left the vancouver port on the train, My SA kept on telling me it’s still on their way to canada. Once it was on the train is when they told me it’s already in canada and currently in transit to toronto.

So there is a chance that the cars are offloaded and your SA will let you know once it leaves vancouver. Untill then they’ll keep on saying that’s it’s in transit to canada.

Thought of sharing. Maybe this helps.

Reactions: RedGing12
Facetune_29-07-2023-17-17-16.jpeg

Finally picked up our MYLR today in Vancouver!

No major issues with the car the only thing we did notice it’s wasn’t as clean as we thought it would be. I’ve attached pictures to show you what I mean. All of these were able to be wiped off.

The two biggest issues were:

1. We noticed liquid dripping underneath the vehicle. It had been washed recently and water dripping from various nuts and bolts. Other vehicles had a similar water underneath the car. The staff was great and took it into service to make sure there was nothing serious happening.

2. The trim around the right rear door is as quiet smudged (last photo). At first we thought it was an issue with the paint but it came off with a towel. I did look at the other cars around us and noticed they all had similar issues but one of two had some minor scratches in these areas too.

The service staff was good but clearly a bit overwhelmed. It was super busy when we went for our 11am appointment. There was probably about 7 or 8 purchasers there, many with appointments around the same tome. We were there for about 3 hours as we did a very thorough inspection using Tesla Prep and then had to wait for staff to look at the water issue clean the spots, purchase insurance and then get the plates put on. As excited as you might be to drive your Tesla home, I recommend taking the time to do a thorough look through of the car before you accept delivery.

Attachments

• IMG_2209.jpeg
    IMG_2209.jpeg
    597.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2212.jpeg
    IMG_2212.jpeg
    316.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2211.jpeg
    IMG_2211.jpeg
    292.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2210.jpeg
    IMG_2210.jpeg
    441.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2207.jpeg
    IMG_2207.jpeg
    305.2 KB · Views: 46
Hey I'm in Laval, how did you managed to get a "inventory" model? My LR OD is Mai 26 and my EDD is August 24 - September 28!
Wow you got scammed 😔. I ordered June and scheduled delivery appointment for Aug 10. (Alberta). Maybe you picked a unique configuration? Or they initially sent your order to the USA by accident then corrected it and sent to China.
(For my MYLR I left everything default)