Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered Aug 2, the VIN assigned to

Got VIN today, but Tesla web site says the delivery time will be Sept 7 - Sept 21. Looks like my car is still in Vancouver but VIN assigned.
With that EDD range, I'm pretty sure that your car is most definitely NOT in Vancouver.

If I had to guess, I would say you've been assigned a vehicle that's on one of the ships currently en route to Vancouver (either VIKING SEA or MORNING COMPOSER).

Reactions: badgamer.yyz
Hey guys, just wanted to confirm that MYLR from Shanghai comes with the new Matrix headlights right?
And anyone know if they come with the new motors (hairpin / 4d1) or old ones? I was looking around and sounds like only Austin build has them.

Also, I called my SA (in Toronto) and he said the car is expected to arrive on Aug 16th so that's good! My OD was awhile back and a lot of things happened.. cancelled my original pick up then had my account on hold and few weeks later they cancelled it due to switching to Shanghai build from Fremont.

I am at GTA, not BC, it takes time from Vancouver to Toronto?
I concur with @CaptStealthy. With that EDD your car most likely isn’t in Vancouver. You can see your VIN, whether hidden or on your MVPA when the car is made. It doesn’t mean the car is in Canada already. Shipping time from Vancouver to Toronto is 7-10 days by rail. So your car is most likely on the way to Canada and will arrive in that EDD.

Reactions: SamGr
Hey guys, just wanted to confirm that MYLR from Shanghai comes with the new Matrix headlights right?
And anyone know if they come with the new motors (hairpin / 4d1) or old ones? I was looking around and sounds like only Austin build has them.

Also, I called my SA (in Toronto) and he said the car is expected to arrive on Aug 16th so that's good! My OD was awhile back and a lot of things happened.. cancelled my original pick up then had my account on hold and few weeks later they cancelled it due to switching to Shanghai build from Fremont.
Not sure about the motors. Maybe someone else can answer that question. But they definitely come with matrix headlights. All cars being built in Shanghai have the matrix.

Reactions: SamGr
I concur with @CaptStealthy. With that EDD your car most likely isn’t in Vancouver. You can see your VIN, whether hidden or on your MVPA when the car is made. It doesn’t mean the car is in Canada already. Shipping time from Vancouver to Toronto is 7-10 days by rail. So your car is most likely on the way to Canada and will arrive in that EDD.
The ships mentioned will arrive Vancouver on 8/14. Cars shall be in Toronto by the end of Aug?

Not sure about the motors. Maybe someone else can answer that question. But they definitely come with matrix headlights. All cars being built in Shanghai have the matrix.
Thanks for confirming.
I checked and people has mentioned that the 8th digit of your VIN determines what kind of motor you have:
1691363624645.png

Would be nice if anyone can confirm what they got for their MY from Shanghai.

I checked mine and its sadly E - meaning 3D1/980 Motor if I'm not mistaken.

Now that I know I’m not dreaming, I’ll share that I picked up MYLR yesterday from Vancouver. OD: Jun04. Tesla delivery centre folks really worked their buns off and were solid. Tons of vehicles getting delivered.

Car is pretty much flawless afaic. Little point in sharing pics at this point cuz it mostly looks like all the rest, but that is expected to change soon. Ride gettin a new rarer suit to go with tesloid matte blade rim covers.

Hope all your cars are as well put together too!

Thanks to all the folks who provided useful info, reassurance, and/or entertainment in this wild thread. :)

We picked up our Model Y RWD last Friday. Everything was good except the tail light (driver's side). It seems that there is a crack inside or something (not properly glued). I randomly checked 5 Model Ys for delivery that morning and noticed that 3 out of 5 have the same issue.

Reactions: Bob123