Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has everyone been receiving hw3 recently with their mylr being delivered to BC?

Hopefully my order will include the new ambient lighting, HW4 and black Gemini’s.

I still haven’t received any updates regarding edd so one can hope.

Will we be able to tell via the VIN if it is different from the current ones being delivered at the beginning of October and are we able to not take delivery if we want to wait for these new changes that are coming or how does that work?

Has everyone been receiving hw3 recently with their mylr being delivered to BC?

Hopefully my order will include the new ambient lighting, HW4 and black Gemini’s.

I still haven’t received any updates regarding edd so one can hope.

Will we be able to tell via the VIN if it is different from the current ones being delivered at the beginning of October and are we able to not take delivery if we want to wait for these new changes that are coming or how does that work?
I don't think you will be able to tell yourself from the VIN unless this changeover corresponds to a 2024 changeover where the 10th digit will be a Q instead of a P. But that is not a given. Last year Tesla changed 2022 to 2023 a couple weeks before removing USS from the cars so even that didn't match up with the model year changeover.

Now your SA can probably tell you once you have the VIN. But so far the changes don't even show on the Canadian ordering site so who knows when that will change??

You can always reject a car at time of delivery and they will assign you a new VIN. But a 2nd rejection will usually end up cancelling your order and you will need to pay another $250 to place a new order. If they assign you a new car too fast then you will probably have to reject a 2nd time to hold out for these changes.

Ordered a Model Y LR mid sept. Just received email that the car is ready. Looks like a huge shipment arrived today. But I'm not in rush, so most likely will delay delivery until the newer updated ones arrive, perhaps next shipment. I'm guessing that the updated Model Ys will be designated as MY2024 cars as my current assigned VIN still shows a MY2023 car.
I thought the shipment was arriving on Oct 6th? where you taking delivery?

I thought the shipment was arriving on Oct 6th? where you taking delivery?
Langley, there is a dozen RWD in inventory now and one performance available. no LR, if I am able to swap that out for an October production then hopefully could get one of the first updated ones. Still actually waiting for some confirmation if or when the Canadian cars will get the updates.

Langley, there is a dozen RWD in inventory now and one performance available. no LR, if I am able to swap that out for an October production then hopefully could get one of the first updated ones. Still actually waiting for some confirmation if or when the Canadian cars will get the updates.
I am taking delivery at langley too, spoke to the delivery team and says that it's scheduled to arrive on the lot Oct 9th, given its Thanksgiving might be the day after. Could probably check then,

I heard even the updated model y's will be shipping with HW3's

Tesla switches back to shipping Fremont-made cars to Canada

it looks like we won't be getting the updated Y from Shanghai, it seems very likely next batch will be coming from Fremont. Perhaps HW4 will be available along side with white interior.
Yes very likely...

Just got the text to setup delivery and the fastest delivery available is the 20th of October 2 and a half week later, seems very weird as I know the shipment is unloading from the ship on Oct 7th in Vancouver and I am taking delivery in Langley, does it really take 2 weeks to get the car into the delivery centre? or do they update my scheduled delivery date if the car comes earlier... anyone with experience?