Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian invites coming!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've 'heard' (not confirmed) that if you want to sell your P85 private and want to reduce your sales tax on new car, Tesla will do the transfer to your private buyer and reduce your new car sales tax. Tesla charge $500 for doing this but it'll save a lot more to you in taxes ...
Not any more. Ask @mknox for details

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
I saw one on the 401 the other day... Back end is pretty fugly.

Before the incentive change it was 7000 dollar rebate and now it’s 5000

I tried and it’s somewhat nice in terms of interior but no car play or android auto

Definitely Toyota is not even trying, just compliance car

Oh, salesman has zero knowledge on Plug in hybrid, claiming Camry hybrid can self charging during driving is much more advance than Volt, and what’s the range again? :D

and they said no negotiation on price, seems they are confident to sell it well

After talking to many other Canadian reservation holders in Quebec and Ontario, my quick rule of thumb is that over 90% are waiting for AWD. And some more think it's too expensive for now... So, I think Tesla may have quite a surprise...

Well, it's a small sample size, but if you can believe it, four Canadians have registered an invite on the invites spreadsheet, and ALL four have deferred! (Sorry for the tiny screen shot - you can check yourself).

Canadian invites 2018-03-24.png

I'm afraid to post this in the Model 3 forum - those poor Day-1 shmucks in the US who just got passed will wonder "why the heck are you guys up there passing up our reservations?!?" Three indicate they're waiting for AWD, the other is blank. We say: "it's something we get up here called winter."
o_O

Yeah, I know, maybe others have accepted and not invited, but regardless - 4 invites, four deferrals.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about those Ontarians hesitating for a First Production. I think the numbers say - BUY THE CAR NOW.

Think about it - IF the conservatives get in, and the rebate's cancelled, the value of your LR RWD just jumped close to $14K. You can sell it at a profit.

"Worst case", if the rebate is NOT cancelled for whatever political reason, you get a RWD Model 3 for the summer (*ahem* trade ya?) and can swap when AWD comes in 2019 and demand lessons (yes, some cross-over financing would be incurred). Still, not a bad spot to be, and worth the risk, no?

I'm thinking about those Ontarians hesitating for a First Production. I think the numbers say - BUY THE CAR NOW.

Think about it - IF the conservatives get in, and the rebate's cancelled, the value of your LR RWD just jumped close to $14K. You can sell it at a profit.

"Worst case", if the rebate is NOT cancelled for whatever political reason, you get a RWD Model 3 for the summer (*ahem* trade ya?) and can swap when AWD comes in 2019 and demand lessons (yes, some cross-over financing would be incurred). Still, not a bad spot to be, and worth the risk, no?

The problem is model 3 isn’t eligible for 14k rebate in ON yet, it’s risk to place order now, no one is promising to get 14k rebate upon delivery yet.

Unless someone need a car right now (major accident and totaled, or just need another car now, or lease is up), I don’t see a reason to place order right now...

MTO could say before the car is in the list, those orders are not able to get rebate even it gets added later...

Understood. Another poster was saying their order was flagged and the rep would check with management Monday morning. You're right we shouldn't have mixed messages online about rebate qualification for the Model 3.

The problem is model 3 isn’t eligible for 14k rebate in ON yet, it’s risk to place order now, no one is promising to get 14k rebate upon delivery yet.

Unless someone need a car right now (major accident and totaled, or just need another car now, or lease is up), I don’t see a reason to place order right now...

MTO could say before the car is in the list, those orders are not able to get rebate even it gets added later...

I won’t worry this too much. Tesla must clarify with Ontario if Model 3 qualifies rebate before the 1st delivery in Ontario. As their configurator assumes rebate while ordering, customers will get deposits back if cancel due to no rebates.

I won’t worry this too much. Tesla must clarify with Ontario if Model 3 qualifies rebate before the 1st delivery in Ontario. As their configurator assumes rebate while ordering, customers will get deposits back if cancel due to no rebates.

I was wondering if this would be the case. Because they are clearly advertising that the car is eligible for the rebate in the configurator and on their incentives information page.

Tesla assumes an amount for gas savings while ordering too but will you actually save that much money? It depends right?

And on Tesla's incentives website: Vehicle Incentives, they said "it is expected". You cannot blame Tesla for anything if $14K is not applied because they never promise or warranty anything.

Ontario province is quite slow at updating their incentive eligible EV list...

In Quebec and BC... it's already done!

Quebec= - 8000$ confirmed at purchase
BC= - 5000$ confirmed at purchase

Hoping it will be resolved soon for my Ontarians neighbors, cause buying an EV with an incentive of 14000$ is really a no-brainer.

Quote from the order page
A $3,200 payment is required to place your order. Your total deposit will be non-refundable.

If cancel the order, you gonna lose 4200 dollar

Ontario province is quite slow at updating their incentive eligible EV list...

In Quebec and BC... it's already done!

Quebec= - 8000$ confirmed at purchase
BC= - 5000$ confirmed at purchase

Hoping it will be resolved soon for my Ontarians neighbors, cause buying an EV with an incentive of 14000$ is really a no-brainer.

Errrrrr, it’s election season, provincial workers are dropping all works on hand to prepare for elections unless it’s urgent matter

Errrrrr, it’s election season, provincial workers are dropping all works on hand to prepare for elections unless it’s urgent matter
That shouldn't apply to bureaucrats and public workers who are supposed to fulfill their duties in a nonpartisan fashion. I would understand though that elected officials couldn't care less about any issue except for somehow saving their own bacon.

That shouldn't apply to bureaucrats and public workers who are supposed to fulfill their duties in a nonpartisan fashion.
Exactly. Ministry of Finance staff are not involved in elections preparation. Elections Ontario staff are, of course, but they will have nothing to do with EV car rebates.

Most likely, Tesla was a little late submitting the paperwork, but I’d be surprised if two weeks went by without Model 3 showing up on the list.