Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian invites coming!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed! I'm just looking at the after market (looking at T-sportsline website for inspiration) and the ones that come with Telsa are really nice so i'll just stick with those. Maybe i could go to Costco for some winters if i decide not to get the Aeros Winter package.
There were no steels available in 19s for my S, not sure if there would be steel 18s for the 3. I ended up buying Rial Lugano dark grey turbine 19s from Tire Rack in the USA for about 200 each. They are super nice, and it's kind of cool to have silver rims in the summer and darker for the winter. Tires I got Dunlop Winter Maxx cause I get a discount so they were over 500 bucks cheaper for the set than Michelin X ice or Nokian Hakka R2. More and more all weather tires are coming out as well, which would perform well in winter, but sizing is still pretty scarce.

• Helpful
Reactions: pmich80
There were no steels available in 19s for my S, not sure if there would be steel 18s for the 3. I ended up buying Rial Lugano dark grey turbine 19s from Tire Rack in the USA for about 200 each. They are super nice, and it's kind of cool to have silver rims in the summer and darker for the winter. Tires I got Dunlop Winter Maxx cause I get a discount so they were over 500 bucks cheaper for the set than Michelin X ice or Nokian Hakka R2. More and more all weather tires are coming out as well, which would perform well in winter, but sizing is still pretty scarce.

Thanks for the info.
Since i'm getting the Model 3 in blue i'm definitely going with the Chrome silver ones for summer and I like your idea of getting dark grey ones for winter so i'm save your post as a reminder to shop around in the fall and see whats available and do some comparison shopping. I'm new to tire/wheel shopping since I've had my current beatup car for 18 years... LOL

I'm wondering if the invites sent thus far is a regional thing. There has been significant investment in Superchargers in the GTA in recent months as well as that massive delivery centre they started using near the airport.

I reserved online before the reveal and am an non-owner; no invite as of now. I laugh at myself as I check for it every day despite the fact that I have to wait for the standard battery for financial reasons.

I'm wondering if the invites sent thus far is a regional thing. There has been significant investment in Superchargers in the GTA in recent months as well as that massive delivery centre they started using near the airport.
There has also been a pretty good buildout in Quebec and the Quebec provincial government (and Hydro Quebec) seem to be doing far more to promote EVs than anywhere else in the country. That is why the province has the most EVs, although they are behind Ontario in terms of Teslas sold. But they don't have a catalyst like the Ontario provincial election that could see the end of EV-friendly policies for the foreseeable future.

Put my order in for Blue w/19" and Autopilot. I'm in Mississauga.

Figured it's pretty low risk. Will keep for year to get rebate and see from there. Not sure what I'll do with my CPO signature as it'll be out of warranty around the same time. Wife (and cashflow) will not be happy with two cars so my hand may be forced to sell it. :/
I'm sort of in the same boat..... Not sure I can justify selling my S60 and adding 20 or 25k cash to get the 3.

What advantages would a Model 3 have over the S60, other than rage and a faster MCU? (Assuming that Fully Autonomous doesn't come for a long time).
I have a barebones 60, no tech pkg.. So the 3 would have more range, WAY more with LR, driver profiles, nav, trip planning software, AP, fog lights, leather, keyless entry, and warranty.... I'd be giving up storage and free Supercharging and cash

I have a barebones 60, no tech pkg.. So the 3 would have more range, WAY more with LR, driver profiles, nav, trip planning software, AP, fog lights, leather, keyless entry, and warranty.... I'd be giving up storage and free Supercharging and cash

Ok, I can definitely see the appeal now. I had only ever come across one other S that lacked the tech package during my search for one in days past.

Honestly, I don't see a new S appealing anymore after seeing the 3 up close in person. Coupled with the loss of the $14k rebate on the S, it is a complete non-starter for me.

What config were you looking for with the 3?

Ok, I can definitely see the appeal now. I had only ever come across one other S that lacked the tech package during my search for one in days past.

Honestly, I don't see a new S appealing anymore after seeing the 3 up close in person. Coupled with the loss of the $14k rebate on the S, it is a complete non-starter for me.

What config were you looking for with the 3?
I could get away with the smaller battery to save 13.5k, although the larger one would be nice on road trips for sure. Pup would be a must, as would AP and the rim upgrade. Most likely white for colour. The potential loss of rebate is really the only thing making me consuder the switch thus year.

Reactions: SmartElectric
I could get away with the smaller battery to save 13.5k, although the larger one would be nice on road trips for sure. Pup would be a must, as would AP and the rim upgrade. Most likely white for colour. The potential loss of rebate is really the only thing making me consuder the switch thus year.

And that's a huge deal for me too. I could likely get by with the SR as well. But the plan was to make the Tesla the primary vehicle once I bought one and start taking some road trips throughout Ontario.

If the rebate disappears, I'd be rethinking my options. It is a very enticing incentive for me to pursue a Model 3. Which is why I'm likely going to pull the trigger on a 1st production model (RWD, MCR, EAP, LR, PUP). I really want to see the Ontario EHVIP list updated first though.

Reactions: SmartElectric
Costco has 18" steel rims.

• Informative
Reactions: pmich80

But that $14k rebate may be gone soon. And Ludicrous mode is awesome!

My buddy is a non owner and could easily get away with the smaller battery, and that's what he would order if it were available today. The way we broke it down was, since the rebate and the battery upgrade with HST are virtually the same amount, by waiting he is risking losing a free battery upgrade if the rebate is killed. If the rebate survives, he is getting an amazing deal on a 3. Plus, the build quality will certainly be better next year. He's waiting for short range, even if rebate is gone.

Reactions: dwharrison