Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Model 3 delivery estimates for new orders are already into June.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered Aug 11 - M3 SR+ white/White - Oakville.
EDD was Oct 20 to Nov 3 - this mornign changed to Nov 4 - Nov 7. More Tighter window but delayed.....not sure what to think!!
Typical :) Sounds like you are in the final stretch.

For us East Coasters, about 2 weeks from delivery you should start seeing the VIN in the source view of the website, and from there things are rapid.

I am in BC and normally vehicle is insuring pick up with insurance agent. My online Tesla order page is now asking of proof of insurance and I am confused!
Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 4.22.47 PM.png

You can not get insurance just with VIN in BC. You need signed sale documents etc. Anyone with experience with this in BC?
On that page that you took the screenshot, there are some documents for you to download / review on the right side, closer to the bottom of the page. Are those the ones that you need?

If those are not it, then you would probably be referring to the final sale documents, and those don't appear until the few days before delivery.

You can not get insurance just with VIN in BC. You need signed sale documents etc. Anyone with experience with this in BC?
I’m picking up in Surrey(but not until the new year, if the EDD is correct). The sales agent I talked to said there’s an insurance agent there. So I can get it when i pickup the car or i can submit on my own —- not sure if this is accurate though.

Reactions: newEVbuoy
I’m picking up in Surrey(but not until the new year, if the EDD is correct). The sales agent I talked to said there’s an insurance agent there. So I can get it when i pickup the car or i can submit on my own —- not sure if this is accurate though.
FYI for anyone in BC here, there is an insurance agent on site who will get the car registered and plated - you will at minimum buy ICBC basic coverage ($200k 3rd party liab) through them. You could also get the optional insurance (extended 3rd party, collisions, comprehensive, etc.) from them, but you don't have to (I think they're only ICBC anyways). Ideally, you would get a quote from your own insurance broker beforehand and then after the car is registered and plated, you can go ahead call your broker (preferably before you leave the lot) to activate and pay for the optional policy. You can't get any insurance before the car is registered and plated. You don't need to do anything on tesla site about insurance.

Reactions: Murky-Article
Finally delivery day tomorrow, super excited, hopefully all goes well. Just wondering when I should expect to receive my final sale documents to review. I received the automated call today to confirm my appt and to e-sign the documents in my account but there is nothing yet. Is it normal to receive those the day off? Or should I have gotten them by now?

I sent off an email requesting them so I can make sure everything is in order and if it isn't then we at least have some time to make the necessary changes. Thanks in advance

Finally delivery day tomorrow, super excited, hopefully all goes well. Just wondering when I should expect to receive my final sale documents to review. I received the automated call today to confirm my appt and to e-sign the documents in my account but there is nothing yet. Is it normal to receive those the day off? Or should I have gotten them by now?

I sent off an email requesting them so I can make sure everything is in order and if it isn't then we at least have some time to make the necessary changes. Thanks in advance
I received mine the morning of for the 1st car, so not unheard of. My 2nd was ready the day before.

Reactions: Rhed911
How does one get contact info for a sales associate? I ordered online. People are talking about getting the larger rims for faster delivery etc. I want to inquire.
When you placed your order, you would have designated a store for delivery (likely closest to you).

Thus, find the info for that start, call, go to the sales line, and talk with the person that picks up. Anyone picking up should be able to help you, and you can also find out who your SA is. That said, in my case, my SA is great but always MIA when I had a question, so I just asked whomever picked up the phone