Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Model 3 delivery estimates for new orders are already into June.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was also scheduled last Saturday to pick up at the Surrey location, but received a call the night before to say it was cancelled. Received a call today and I'm scheduled to pick up this Saturday, the VIN was different and lower in the sequence # than the original one that I was supposed to get.

Anyone in the GVRD getting total replacement insurance? I was quoted ICBC or Optiom for the replacement insurance from Western Coast Insurance, the Optiom is about half the price, just wanted to see if anyone have any experiences or went with Optiom.

Pretty excited to finally get one after a 3 month wait.
I've got replacement from BCAA, highly recommended!

I spoke to my SA today about getting the sr+ in Quebec shipped into Ontario and he said that from now until the end of the quarter, they’re not shipping inventory to other locations for pick up, they want to maximize the number of cars bought and picked up before the quarter end. He said after the quarter they’ll go back to shipping cars in inventory between locations

After multiple complaints… they finally able to match one for me, still in Fremont, but it will be in white interior, and delivering to Richmond instead of Vancouver! originally ordered May 15 M3 SR+ white/black,18’ no FSD Vancouver pick up……/ …I said Yes , I will take that! so what’s next….. ?

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check out Hayward and BCAA. Did everyone who was scheduled for last week and was cancelled (due to the damages during transportation), get a new VIN. I notice my new VIN is lower in the sequence number than my original VIN, so I'm not sure if it was one that got rejected but I'm definitely looking it over to make sure there is no major cosmetic or alignment issues.

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check out Hayward and BCAA. Did everyone who was scheduled for last week and was cancelled (due to the damages during transportation), get a new VIN. I notice my new VIN is lower in the sequence number than my original VIN, so I'm not sure if it was one that got rejected but I'm definitely looking it over to make sure there is no major cosmetic or alignment issues.
I don’t remember what my old VIN was lol… but I got rescheduled for delivery this Sunday in Surrey for white/white SR+! Will definitely take a good look at everything.

Reactions: Cherylgg
Wow, that car looks familiar! Welcome to the White/White M3P Family :) Try not to put 10,000 kms on it in the first 3 months like I did with mine hahahaha
We'll see about hoe much I travel with it; I'm on vacation for July, so I'll have time to go places. I actually haven't driven it very much since I received it; I've been spending my evenings doing detailing and paint + interior protection. My neighbours think I'm nuts. I keep getting asked why I'm cleaning a band new car :). For reference, I did the following:

• Chemical paint decontamination (iron removal with Autoglym Magma). It was pretty bad from the rail transport.
  • Mechanical paint decontamination (clay bar). Not too bad actually.
  • Light polishing with a dual action polisher. Not super necessary on white paint that does not show micro scratches, but gives it a bit more gloss.
  • 1st coat of ceramic coating (CarPro cq.UK 3.0)
  • 2nd coat of ceramic coating (CarPro SiC) - I use SiC for the top coat because it's super slick to the touch and I like that.
  • Ceramic coat wheels and brake callipers (CarPro DLux). Even my wife thought I was nuts when I started taking the wheels off the new car, lol!
  • Carpeting and floor mat protection (303 Fabric Guard)
  • Seat protection coat (CarPro Leather 2.0). Yes, that product works well on vinyl, and protects from dye transfer on the white seats.
I feel like I'm familiar with every square inch of the car now. Despite the many reports out there regarding poor paint quality, I must say that mine is very good. No irregularities, very little orange peel. I have a paint thickness meter and in most places I'm seeing about 120 microns, which is pretty much average for the industry. Comparing the door jambs (where there is no clear coat) with the body panels, my measurements seem to show an above-average thickness of clear, which may be due to the multi-coat process for the white. Shows that Tesla does a good job when they get it right.

Now that It's all protected, I'm going out for a drive tonight!

Reactions: Matrix929
I still haven't received anything from the delivery team. Did they call/text/email you?
Yesterday I received a text (and e-mail) telling me to click a link and select an appointment time. The link led me to a page that said there are no appointments available. Same again this morning. I'll try calling when they open this morning.

UPDATE: I received a new text this morning saying book your appointment - if you don't set the appointment by this afternoon we'll pass the car to someone else. The attached link did offer me a pickup on Mon June 28 - so it should be all set.

Last edited:
Finally picked up my model3 sr+ yesterday. What a gong show of a delivery process. I was told originally that my pick up is at Richmond at 4pm ( I originally had booked for Vancouver as it was closer to my work but if going to Richmond means I can get my car sooner I didn't mind.) At roughly 3pm when I was getting ready to pack up work and book an uber to go down to Richmond I received a text from tesla saying my pick up address has been changed to Vancouver. after half an hour of calling Richmond ( no one picked up at all) I decided to call Vancouver to see where my car actually was. Vancouver picked up in about 2 rings and confirmed my vehicle was in Richmond and they had no idea why I would of gotten a text saying its in Vancouver. I would highly advise checking with your SA before you head out to your pick ups!

I feel like I'm familiar with every square inch of the car now. Despite the many reports out there regarding poor paint quality, I must say that mine is very good. No irregularities, very little orange peel. I have a paint thickness meter and in most places I'm seeing about 120 microns, which is pretty much average for the industry. Comparing the door jambs (where there is no clear coat) with the body panels, my measurements seem to show an above-average thickness of clear, which may be due to the multi-coat process for the white. Shows that Tesla does a good job when they get it right.

You've done a LOT more protection than I've done. But we may look at our cars a bit differently. To me it's just another car, one to toss the family into and take out for cruises. One to leave everyone in the dust at a stoplight in the blink of an eye. It's going to get chips and scratches and scuffs, but it'll only be with me for 2-3 years and I'll move on to something else (likely Tesla, but there's some interesting ones from other places on the horizon).

On another note, once I've had my second covid poke, I'm going to be doing a bunch of traveling. We should get the 2 almost identical cars together sometime :)

PS. You need to update your signature now :)

Yesterday I received a text (and e-mail) telling me to click a link and select an appointment time. The link led me to a page that said there are no appointments available. Same again this morning. I'll try calling when they open this morning.

UPDATE: I received a new text this morning saying book your appointment - if you don't set the appointment by this afternoon we'll pass the car to someone else. The attached link did offer me a pickup on Mon June 28 - so it should be all set.
Finally got mine! Picking up on Saturday June 27th!

Reactions: rBajwa and hcdavis3
Finally got mine! Picking up on Saturday June 27th!
Got email and message that picking up 26th Saturday as well. In Vancouver location, wired tho, my SA said the vehicle is delivering to Richmond, but somehow the message said will be in Vancouver pick up, also called to Vancouver delivering centre, they confirmed the car had already in Vancouver as well…. But anyways. This is a good news!

We'll see about hoe much I travel with it; I'm on vacation for July, so I'll have time to go places. I actually haven't driven it very much since I received it; I've been spending my evenings doing detailing and paint + interior protection. My neighbours think I'm nuts. I keep getting asked why I'm cleaning a band new car :). For reference, I did the following:

• Chemical paint decontamination (iron removal with Autoglym Magma). It was pretty bad from the rail transport.
  • Mechanical paint decontamination (clay bar). Not too bad actually.
  • Light polishing with a dual action polisher. Not super necessary on white paint that does not show micro scratches, but gives it a bit more gloss.
  • 1st coat of ceramic coating (CarPro cq.UK 3.0)
  • 2nd coat of ceramic coating (CarPro SiC) - I use SiC for the top coat because it's super slick to the touch and I like that.
  • Ceramic coat wheels and brake callipers (CarPro DLux). Even my wife thought I was nuts when I started taking the wheels off the new car, lol!
  • Carpeting and floor mat protection (303 Fabric Guard)
  • Seat protection coat (CarPro Leather 2.0). Yes, that product works well on vinyl, and protects from dye transfer on the white seats.

Now that It's all protected, I'm going out for a drive tonight!

Congrats again and that's a whole lotta protection :)
I will probably do front half PPF + Tint to start but wish I had the skills to do all that you did by yourself

I logged into my account today and saw a notification that a car is on hold until July 10. I then clicked the “I’m ready” button and then nothing happened after that. It went back to the normal account page with no new update on it, no VIN or EDD and no Tesla vision contract. So is there a car ready for me?