Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Model 3 delivery estimates for new orders are already into June.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got notification to complete payment for delivery. Saw EDD updated to Oct 27-31 and VIN appearing in source code. Expect to be contacted soon to confirm delivery date. Hope others are getting their orders fulfilled soon!
I ordered 15 days later than you. Now my edd changed from December 9~ December 31 to January 8~ February 5th... :( but congrats to you! XD have fun with your car

Reactions: Eastvanbarista
Two days later and it has knocked a month off. It is now Jan 19-Feb 16.
Ordered Aug 6th
EDD has bounced around from some time in Oct, then some time in Nov, then disappeared, then March, then disappeared, then Feb 9 - March 9, then Jan 19-Feb 16.

Yesterday, received an email with a VIN. Checked the website and it gave a delivery date of Nov 9th (when I checked the day before it was the Jan-Feb timeline). When we first ordered, I think the range given was 8-14 weeks, so even with all the noise of the EDD bouncing around, it still fell within their estimates.

Anyway, just thought I would mention it since I had not seen anyone else posting about their EDD showing weeks/months out but then getting a VIN / delivery date notification.

Now to get insurance, bank draft, wheels....

July 24 order SR+ blue / black interior and EDD 8 - 14 weeks.
After a few days got EDD Sep 5 - Sep 25.
Then EDD changed to Oct 14 - Nov 3.
Oct 3, EDD changed to Oct 16 - Oct 30.
Oct 5, EDD changed to Oct 19 - Nov 16.
Oct 9, EDD changed to Oct 24 - Nov 7 (back to a 2 week window).
Oct 16, got VIN number in page source, EDD still showing Oct 24 - Nov 7.
Oct 17, EDD changed to Oct 30 - Nov 3. VIN # still showing in page source.
Oct 19, delivery scheduled for Nov 3.
Oct 24, delivery changed to Oct 29 (because car arrived earlier than expected).
Anyways, EDD changes like the stock market so be prepared for a quick delivery notification.

Aug. 8, order: SR+ white/black

initial EDD: Oct. 27 - Nov. 17
Updated: Oct 31 - Nov. 14
Updated on Oct. 24; Nov. 4 - Nov. 10 (1 week window). (VIN in page source)
Updated on Oct. 26: delivery appointment shown as Nov. 5 (MVPA available, with VIN shown, no Vision agreement).

My Question: nobody called or asked, a delivery appointment was set for me. Tesla doesn't care whether you are available for that appointment, if you are not, they take the $100 and sell the car to the next customer, a pure +$100 for Tesla. That's my impression.

Aug. 8, order: SR+ white/black

initial EDD: Oct. 27 - Nov. 17
Updated: Oct 31 - Nov. 14
Updated on Oct. 24; Nov. 4 - Nov. 10 (1 week window). (VIN in page source)
Updated on Oct. 26: delivery appointment shown as Nov. 5 (MVPA available, with VIN shown, no Vision agreement).

My Question: nobody called or asked, a delivery appointment was set for me. Tesla doesn't care whether you are available for that appointment, if you are not, they take the $100 and sell the car to the next customer, a pure +$100 for Tesla. That's my impression.
Do they sell your car to someone else if you missed your appointment?

No wayy... What if you just can't make it to your appointment?

I recently had to call Tesla to inquire about additional delivery dates. The dates available (oct 28-30) in the link sent via text did not work for me as I was going to be flying out of town. We managed to get an appointment on oct 31 and had to rearrange travel plans to make it work.

Basically we were told that if we didn’t take delivery the car would be assigned to someone else and that we would have to wait our turn. The DA on the phone couldn’t tell us how long that could be. We didn’t want to take a chance since we sold our car in anticipation of getting the new one. Be prepared to accommodate Tesla’s schedule when you get your delivery notification.

Good luck everyone!

I recently had to call Tesla to inquire about additional delivery dates. The dates available (oct 28-30) in the link sent via text did not work for me as I was going to be flying out of town. We managed to get an appointment on oct 31 and had to rearrange travel plans to make it work.

Basically we were told that if we didn’t take delivery the car would be assigned to someone else and that we would have to wait our turn. The DA on the phone couldn’t tell us how long that could be. We didn’t want to take a chance since we sold our car in anticipation of getting the new one. Be prepared to accommodate Tesla’s schedule when you get your delivery notification.

Good luck everyone!

Wow thanks for the heads up.
Hopefully my delivery date falls on a Friday or weekend. Otherwise I would have to drive 2 hours to the pickup location in the evening...

Wow thanks for the heads up.
Hopefully my delivery date falls on a Friday or weekend. Otherwise I would have to drive 2 hours to the pickup location in the evening...
I was sent an email on Oct 18th to select my delivery appointment and I was able to select Sat Oct 23 online so its not like they wanted me to go right away. I would suggests anyone picking a time to go earlier in the day though. I picked 2pm thinking it would be perfect after a nice Saturday brunch but it was fairly busy when we arrived. Plus we spent quite a bit of time inspecting the car for deficiencies and having it worked on before signing insurance papers. Didn't leave the dealership until 4:30pm.

Aug 8th, Order: SR+ White/White with 19 wheels.
initial EDD: Oct. 25 - Nov. 14
Updated on Oct. 25: Feb 1st. - Mar 1st

I noticed that some individuals with similar order dates are now receiving their VINs / delivery dates, however mine was just bumped out to Feb/Mar 2022.

I called Tesla to look into this and confirm because I was in the Oakville Tesla location last week and they told me that deliver looked on schedule for mid-November.

Tesla customer service told me that SR+ with white interior could be delayed. Has anyone with a SR+ with a white interior received their M3 lately? and what was your original order date?

Aug 8th, Order: SR+ White/White with 19 wheels.
initial EDD: Oct. 25 - Nov. 14
Updated on Oct. 25: Feb 1st. - Mar 1st

I noticed that some individuals with similar order dates are now receiving their VINs / delivery dates, however mine was just bumped out to Feb/Mar 2022.

I called Tesla to look into this and confirm because I was in the Oakville Tesla location last week and they told me that deliver looked on schedule for mid-November.

Tesla customer service told me that SR+ with white interior could be delayed. Has anyone with a SR+ with a white interior received their M3 lately? and what was your original order date?
Ordered Aug. 18, M3 SR+ White/White no other upgrades
Initial delivery date fluctuated in October out to Nov.13

Had a call last week from Tesla and arranged a delivery date for Nov 6 in Vaughan.
I was preparing for a long wait, so there is hope!