Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Stores and Service Centers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if we get an Ottawa SC does that mean they'll reduce the ranger service? That's all I've used for a few warranty things in a year of ownership and it works super well for me. Only thing I guess they can't do is brake fluid change although that's only every 2 years now? Is this mainly a peace of mind thing for people?

Is the SC likely to include an accident repair facility? That's where I hear there are major issues and delays for owners.
well, I normally use the Mississauga Service Centre. In April I booked an appointment - for the first available date - 30 days, online. Tesla emailed me the next day and said they would send mobile service out "in a couple of days" if I would prefer it. He showed up 2 days later.

We had the top 2 Tesla Canada Service managers, Dustin Leitch and Jamie Wolf at our TOCO meeting in January. They outlined how they were in the process of expanding Ranger service in Canada, to resolve simple issues, and free up time at the SCs. There are things that must be done at an SC, but many can be done in your driveway.

I doubt that they will be doing any "accident repair". Tesla trains and outsources all bodywork to approved body shops

So I suspect you will still have access to your ranger in Ottawa

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
I drove by today and it still is empty with a big leasing sign in front. I didn't see any indication that it was being renovated or had "opening soon" signs. It would be a good spot since its already set up for dealing with cars, whether to sell or fix them or even for delivery. That Icon building across the street sure is something though. :)

Forgot to take a pic of the place, I might go later this evening.

I drove by today and it still is empty with a big leasing sign in front. I didn't see any indication that it was being renovated or had "opening soon" signs. It would be a good spot since its already set up for dealing with cars, whether to sell or fix them or even for delivery. That Icon building across the street sure is something though. :)

Forgot to take a pic of the place, I might go later this evening.
Expect it to take a long time, maybe a year. Kitchener has taken forever and still not fully operating. Just too much to do two few people

There are reports that the Tesla Kitchener Waterloo Service Center is now open, but I do not see it on app or Tesla web site yet.

Kitchener Service is open in a limited way. I had brake clean there Thursday morning. You have to call or contact mobile service to book an appointment. It is looking amazing, waiting for some painting to be completed but ramping up.

IMG_0664.jpg IMG_0666.jpg IMG_0668.jpg IMG_0669.jpg IMG_0663.jpg IMG_0665.jpg IMG_0667.jpg IMG_0669.jpg

Expect it to take a long time, maybe a year. Kitchener has taken forever and still not fully operating. Just too much to do two few people

They have access now and need to do some basic things - like put in washrooms and a lift - then will be able to start initial operations. They're talking about being able to service cars in a month. Clearly the place won't be completely set up by then, but they'll be able to work on cars.

I'm hoping they are ready for deliveries by the time my car is ready. I'll take home delivery rather than drive to Montreal but I would prefer to pick up in person.
Interestingly I got a call on Friday asking if I wanted home delivery or to pick up in Montreal. I said I would pick up in Montreal next Saturday and today they said that wasn’t approved and I would have to have home delivery!

A "reliable source" told me Tesla are only leasing part of the space at the old Dow Honda on Carling near Preston , that could be why the lease sign is still up.One other bit of info, the lease is for 2 years after which a huge Condo is supposed to go up on that location. The majority of service will still be done by roaming techs,

I'm seeing that some Service Centres in the US have announced repair services (dents, dings and such).

Tesla starts doing some of its own bodywork at service centers and mobile service - Electrek

I've not seen any email about this for Canada - has anyone? I'd be curious to know whether they'll be able to do the work faster than the 3rd parties. I'm wondering how quickly they might ramp up on it as from what I've seen, the Service Centres are already incredibly busy.

the Service Centres are already incredibly busy.

Yes, they're busy (service appointment time waits sometimes 1-2 weeks in the GTA now), which is why I'm surprised the Kitchener SC is still not open! According to previous reports, it should've been open by now, at least for service appointments. Anyone able to update us on its status? Kitchener is a much needed service point!

Reactions: navguy12
A "reliable source" told me Tesla are only leasing part of the space at the old Dow Honda on Carling near Preston , that could be why the lease sign is still up.One other bit of info, the lease is for 2 years after which a huge Condo is supposed to go up on that location. The majority of service will still be done by roaming techs,
A reliable source told me yesterday that the Ottawa service centre will open in August. Also said that the next Ottawa supercharger is still trying to find a location.