Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure the dots have not changed recently; however the number of 401/40 dots have definitely increased over time. The only recent change I see is they added the words "End of" to 2014 and 2015.

Since the "Winter 2013" superchargers haven't been installed yet, I would recommend adding 6-12 months to your expectations.

Not sure how much truth this has to it, but while I was at the test drive event in Toronto mid-February, a Tesla rep told me they will be installing 7 Superchargers along the 401 corridor. I asked about a timeline, and he said they would be breaking ground once the snow is gone. Specific locations were mentioned, but of course I can't remember them now. If anyone wants to stop by the Yorkdale location and ask Eric for further details - he seemed to know what he was talking about!

I wonder who is responsible for these delays; Tesla (small market, so small resource allocation) or the Canadian government (permits, zoning, other bureaucratic delays)?

I need someone to blame! :rolleyes:

The local municipal government would be responsible for permitting etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I heard "waiting for the ground to thaw" yesterday during delivery.

So, blame the ground! :)

Blame the never ending winter.

Worst winter ever.

We had some really nasty ones in the 70's. I think this winter is just a throwback.

Oh, I was also told the Toronto SuperCharger isn't going at the Lawrence location (most likely).

Oh, that's kinda too bad - that location would be very handy for me. Hope they're not going to put it at Yorkdale!!!

We had some really nasty ones in the 70's. I think this winter is just a throwback.

Oh, that's kinda too bad - that location would be very handy for me. Hope they're not going to put it at Yorkdale!!!

No kidding. Yorkdale would be horrible. My guess is somewhere like Kennedy Commons in Scarborough. Big box mall at Kennedy and the 401. It's not overly busy except at Christmas.

Somewhere near the 401/400 would be handy for those folks venturing north.

No kidding. Yorkdale would be horrible. My guess is somewhere like Kennedy Commons in Scarborough. Big box mall at Kennedy and the 401. It's not overly busy except at Christmas.

Somewhere near the 401/400 would be handy for those folks venturing north.

Right, that would be an excellent location. 401/Don Valley area would be perfect. East end would be even better from my perspective, although others might have differing opinions.

The local municipal government would be responsible for permitting etc.

...and, uhhh, the local electric utility for power.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure how much truth this has to it, but while I was at the test drive event in Toronto mid-February, a Tesla rep told me they will be installing 7 Superchargers along the 401 corridor.

That's what the map shows along with one up towards Ottawa and one east of Montreal.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I was also told the Toronto SuperCharger isn't going at the Lawrence location (most likely).

While it wouldn't serve my interests, the Toronto East Service Center is not too awfully far off the 401, but maybe they're looking for something actually alongside of the highway. As has been mentioned, something near the 400 junction probably makes the most sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.