Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, if I had a 60 I wouldn't go down the 416. I'd get off and go down County Road 10 (Perth Road). It will come out in Kingston right at the Supercharger, and the speed limits are lower and the route is a lot shorter so you'll use much less energy (it's what I do now without Superchargers). It's so much shorter that it takes the same amount of time!

Perth Rd is actually County Road 10. FTFY (Fixed that for you) :) - I also recommend County Road 10 between Kingston and Ottawa; Newly paved road, nice scenery, fun turns and is shorter than the major highways in the same amount of time.

Perth Road turns into Division Street south of the 401. If the Supercharger will be installed on Division Street, this seems like a great location to me !

Crap, brain fart. I edited the posts above to show the correct County Road 10. Apparently I conflated it with Highway 15. D'oh.

Right, Country Road 10 is way more fun to drive, beautifully scenic - I absolutely love going down that big hill into Perth - and is shorter, more efficient, and has light traffic. It also avoids all the larger towns that tend to slow down the trip. You'll arrive at the Supercharger in the same amount of time, with a lot more electrons in the pack. In comparison 416/401 is just plain boring.

Just be sure NOT to follow your GPS. Follow the road signs for 10. Otherwise it keeps trying to drag you back to the main highways.

Well, that's something. Don't know how long it takes for things to move from "In Review" to "Approved", but at least the ball is rolling.

That certainly is something. It means it is underway. Usually the permitting process is the part that takes the longest.

If it was the City of Ottawa it would take a year of frustration. Almost certainly Squamish is far better than that.

In western news: At the test drive event in Victoria last weekend, I was chatting with a Tesla employee of some standing out here, and they told me that they are working hard to accelerate the western TC-1 roll-out from Vancouver to Calgary and Edmonton. They feel that this is a very critical strategic move and are lobbying corporate to go, go, go!

This would be great. I'd love to do a road trip from Seattle to Calgary, but this isn't practical without these superchargers.

I wonder why Tesla snubs SK/MB though? Their plans cover Vancouver to Calgary/Edmonton and then just stop. The coverage doesn't start again until the GTA. I doubt even an 85kWh Model S could cross that gap on one charge. They also leave out the Maritime provinces.

Do they consider that area adequately covered by Sun Country Highway or something? You'd think covering the Trans-Canada would give Tesla the most bang for their buck if they don't want to invest in the whole of Canada.

I wonder why Tesla snubs SK/MB though? Their plans cover Vancouver to Calgary/Edmonton and then just stop. The coverage doesn't start again until the GTA. I doubt even an 85kWh Model S could cross that gap on one charge. They also leave out the Maritime provinces.

Do they consider that area adequately covered by Sun Country Highway or something? You'd think covering the Trans-Canada would give Tesla the most bang for their buck if they don't want to invest in the whole of Canada.

I imagine they are just prioritizing. This new piece of Supercharged route is fairly heavily travelled both as a tourist route (now connected to the west coast route) and by Vancouverites and Calgarians in summer and winter. I usually go to a place near Kelowna in the summer so I'm pretty pleased that this will now be relatively easy if I take the Tesla. Presumably they will eventually join the dots so they can claim the entire Trans Canada Highway is "supercharged". BTW, I was surprised to see that you have to pick your car up in Flin Flon Manitoba; however, it is on the border with Sask. so I presume you're close to there?

Presumably they will eventually join the dots so they can claim the entire Trans Canada Highway is "supercharged". BTW, I was surprised to see that you have to pick your car up in Flin Flon Manitoba; however, it is on the border with Sask. so I presume you're close to there?

Yes, I am right on the MB/SK border; Flin Flon on MB side, Creighton (where I live) on SK side. Flin Flon has a nice, unoccupied parking lot where I plan to have my MS delivered.

I'm sure they'll eventually cover the entire Trans Canada Highway. Tesla has said the Supercharger rollout will never be "finished", they'll keep adding chargers to extend the network based on demand. Right now there aren't enough Sask or Manitoba owners to justify the lower density routes, but over time that will change.

The "Coming Soon" map has been updated. Toronto and ~Kingston are red dots. As are 2 dots (1 East and 1 West) of Montreal. :)

Sweet!

I'm willing to bet the red dot is the Service Center on Lawrence Ave based on what was mentioned at the owners meeting last month...

Thanks for the notification mnx!

Zoomed in:

East.png

Status
Not open for further replies.