Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the company event held in downtown Vancouver earlier this month, one of the Tesla salespeople (Robin) confirmed that the Squamish supercharger would be open by or in March. Others will apparently follow in Hope, Kamloops, Revelstoke and Lake Louise but other than what's shown on Tesla's website I've heard no timetable for these.[/QUOTE

looking backwards this thread. In whistler now. Where in Squamish? Looked at the Adventure Center, saw nothing. Quick post as to where?

-

Last edited:
At the company event held in downtown Vancouver earlier this month, one of the Tesla salespeople (Robin) confirmed that the Squamish supercharger would be open by or in March. Others will apparently follow in Hope, Kamloops, Revelstoke and Lake Louise but other than what's shown on Tesla's website I've heard no timetable for these.

looking backwards this thread. In whistler now. Where in Squamish? Looked at the Adventure Center, saw nothing. Quick post as to where?

-

I am in Whistler right now (11 Jan 2014), drove up yesterday. FWIW, I drove all through downtown Squamish, and the obvious potential locations along Hwy 99, both in Squamish per se and further north in Garibaldi Highlands. I could find no evidence of telltale construction anywhere.

It it is going to be done in March, they had better get moving!

I cannot be at the January 30th event, but I hope one of you that does go will post some news about Squamish afterward. Thanks, in advance!

I notice that the "coming soon" Supercharger map has changed.

superchargerlandingpagemaps_comingsoon_0.jpg

The only Canadian supercharger now showing as "coming soon" is near Vancouver. Disappointing but not terribly surprising.

On the other hand, the "2014" map shows the 401 / 40 from Windsor to Quebec City completed, and also the route from Vancouver to Calgary.

Well, actually, there seems to be a gap around Toronto. Seems they expect every trip to start/finish there??? It doesn't look to me like you could get from the Supercharger East of Toronto to the one West of Toronto...

superchargerlandingpagemaps_2014_0.jpg

Will be interesting to see if Tesla lives up to the promise this time. It's not looking good for "Winter 2013" for the 401 superchargers...

WOW.
That sucks. Wasn't London supposed to be coming online soon? Does anybody have any info on how the process is going there? The location, etc.?
That London Supercharger makes travel through the Windsor/Detroit corridor super-efficient.

As for Toronto - isn't is the centre of the universe? (I can joke - I'm there more than I'm at my own home:)

And you're right - the London-Kingston range wouldn't quite cut it without something near Toronto to connect the dots.

I notice that the "coming soon" Supercharger map has changed.

View attachment 40783

The only Canadian supercharger now showing as "coming soon" is near Vancouver. Disappointing but not terribly surprising.

On the other hand, the "2014" map shows the 401 / 40 from Windsor to Quebec City completed, and also the route from Vancouver to Calgary.

Well, actually, there seems to be a gap around Toronto. Seems they expect every trip to start/finish there??? It doesn't look to me like you could get from the Supercharger East of Toronto to the one West of Toronto...

View attachment 40784

Will be interesting to see if Tesla lives up to the promise this time. It's not looking good for "Winter 2013" for the 401 superchargers...

I thought the one in BC was always showing as the only one "coming soon". Someone posted a few pages back from the Toronto Service Center opening that they heard the London area one was "coming soon", but nothing was ever on the TM website that I remember.

I live close enough to the center of the universe that the Kingston -> London distance won't be an issue for me, but for anyone driving west from Ottawa etc. (especially in the winter or in a 60kWh) it's definitely a problem.

It kind of looks like they expect you to cut east to the Supercharger near Buffalo, NY. That doesn't make any sense travel-wise, though. :confused:

At the NAIAS new conference Q&A a few minutes ago, Mr Guillen mentioned that Tesla is working with Sun Country wrt the Canadian charging infrastructure. What kind of cooperation is there? Is this old news?

I have to admit that the map of Elon's road trip does grate a bit as a Canadian. It really feels like 'if it is possible to do that many, that quick, there...why not just a few here?'

It's very hard to understand how we are going to go through a whole winter without a single Supercharger. It really makes it hard to sell the 'dinner party pitch' of owning a Tesla in Canada without them. Hard-core people like us get it, but regular on-the-fence people find it really tough to swallow without them. In my view it has likely harmed Canadian sales considerably to not have them going into this winter...but I guess on the plus side it will create a real sales boost when then do have them going into next winter. My guess is that they will get quite a bit of media coverage when they finally drop the Windsor to Montreal route (and all Supercharged at the exact same time I bet), which will sell a lot of cars in Ontario. Hello Rick Mercer, The National, The Globe, etc....

And you're right - the London-Kingston range wouldn't quite cut it without something near Toronto to connect the dots.

It's Belleville, not Kingston. That makes it about 367 km, which is perfectly do-able in an 85 at the posted speed limit of 100 km/h. But not so much at the actual traffic speed of 149 km/h. :wink: (Hopefully those in the area understand what I am talking about.)

At the NAIAS new conference Q&A a few minutes ago, Mr Guillen mentioned that Tesla is working with Sun Country wrt the Canadian charging infrastructure. What kind of cooperation is there? Is this old news?
I watched the video stream. It was the reporter who referred to Tesla working with Sun Country in his question about superchargers in Canada, and Jerome's answer didn't say anything about Sun Country but rather mentioned the Chademo adapter, saying there are a lot of Chademo chargers in Canada??

The Chademo organization website shows one Chademo charger in Canada, at the Mitsubishi HQ near Toronto. Either he was misinformed or was thinking of Japan while talking Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.