Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the info on it being located in Belleville? Have always heard it will be closer to Kingston in the Odessa area. But I don't have any data on that, either!

It's Belleville, not Kingston. That makes it about 367 km, which is perfectly do-able in an 85 at the posted speed limit of 100 km/h. But not so much at the actual traffic speed of 149 km/h. :wink: (Hopefully those in the area understand what I am talking about.)

I watched the video stream. It was the reporter who referred to Tesla working with Sun Country in his question about superchargers in Canada, and Jerome's answer didn't say anything about Sun Country but rather mentioned the Chademo adapter, saying there are a lot of Chademo chargers in Canada??

The Chademo organization website shows one Chademo charger in Canada, at the Mitsubishi HQ near Toronto. Either he was misinformed or was thinking of Japan while talking Canada.

According to PlugShare there are at least 8.

Where is the info on it being located in Belleville? Have always heard it will be closer to Kingston in the Odessa area. But I don't have any data on that, either!

They haven't really said, but the dot seems to have migrated a bit on the supercharger map. Originally it looked like it was in the Odessa area, but now it looks more like Brockville or the 416/401 interchange.

attachment.php?attachmentid=40784&d=1389666750.jpg

Last edited:
At the company event held in downtown Vancouver earlier this month, one of the Tesla salespeople (Robin) confirmed that the Squamish supercharger would be open by or in March. Others will apparently follow in Hope, Kamloops, Revelstoke and Lake Louise but other than what's shown on Tesla's website I've heard no timetable for these.[/QUOTE

looking backwards this thread. In whistler now. Where in Squamish? Looked at the Adventure Center, saw nothing. Quick post as to where?

-
I contacted the supercharger email address on January 2cnd asking for the precise locations of superchargers between Calgary and Vancouver. Their response was: "We are currently in the
process of planning the Calgary/Vancouver corridor. Please continue to monitor our website for updates on specific site locations."

Source of above statement being the 2014 NAIAS press conference that has just ended, I heard it too.

Related thread

There was a live feed that ended, I guess there will be a video available soon.

I did not have a chance to view the video but I just came across this article (in French) which is a summary of the Tesla 2014 NAIAS press conference. The article indicates that Jerome Guillen did mention that "as soon as weather permit, this spring, the supercharger will be installed from Toronto to Montreal, in fact, they will cover the corridor of Toronto to Québec City".

What is interesting in this article is that it mention that "at the end of the press conference, the press officer (of Jerome) Patrick Jones stated that it will be Quebec City that will be first to receive the supercharger ". This is quite strange as it does not show up on the supercharger map. My guess is that he probably meant the one between Montreal and Québec city (roughly around Drummondville as shown on Tesla supercharger map). So if this is true, it may be an indication that this might be the first supercharger to go live.

And then he goes on to say "that subsequent superchargers will be quickly built every 200 or 250 kilometers on the path that leads to Toronto and then Detroit".

It also mentions that Vancouver will see a Tesla Store in March or April of this year but my guess is that this is no surprise to anyone but just in case. (Sorry I don't follow as much what is happening on the west coast) :)

Guess what I saw this morning? A midsize city truck traveling along hwy 401 westbound just past Cambridge ON. And what was on this truck you might ask. There were 2 supercharger stalls and a huge white transformer. The bottom half was wrapped with the cardboard and the top was sticking out. I wish I could take a picture. I was in the left lane and passed it too quickly. I wonder where this truck was heading!

Last edited:
Good stuff wolfpet, thanks for reporting this!

(let's hope there not being loaded on a ship Norway bound...:wink::biggrin:)
Guess what I saw this morning? A midsize city truck traveling along hwy 401 westbound just past Cambridge ON. And what was on this truck you might ask. There were 2 supercharger stalls and a huge white transformer. The bottom half was wrapped with the cardboard and the bottom was sticking out. I wish I could take a picture. I was in the left lane and passed it too quickly. I wonder where this truck was heading!

Status
Not open for further replies.