Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chances are that the larger cut will be the location for a kiosk to house the BC Hydro PT/CT box and billing meter, the main power disconnect and MCPs to feed each supercharger unit. I'd be surprised if there is any present or future plan to feed anything other than superchargers from the new xformer. For industrial service in that size, they typically want one customer, one billing meter for the service.

Back from my trip to Calgary now, while charging in Golden I took a look at the supercharger map and it seems to me that its planned more in the lake Louise/Banff area rather than Golden. Are there any permits or rumors to what city its planned for? Also where is it said that Squamish will have four stalls? The permit application is for up to 6 as well as the development board at the site. Also the smaller cutouts looked the same size to me and I assumed the double size one was the result of an accidental crack while cutting.

My understanding has always been that there are plans for both Golden AND Lake Louise (unfortunately not Banff)

That wouldn't make much sense IMHO since Lake Louise and Golden are just 83 km apart. I took the picture off the Tesla website and colored in the pixels that were for the Trans Canada in a darker color, its rough but judging by the curves in the road and comparing to a detailed map, Lake Louise seems the likely location to me. Though its hard to tell so take a look and let me know what you think. On the planned for 2015 Red Deer Alberta has a dot now, is that new?
supercharger plans.jpg

Post 750 on this thread has a better map, and now that I look at it, they've got lake-louise, then revelstoke. nothing in between. I guess I had always just assumed golden without any facts. I still think Lake Louise isn't the right place for the charger though, moving it 20km closer to Calgary to Castle Junction would allow them to service both the trans canada and hwy 93 down to revelstoke/invermere/etc. As it is you'd add an hour round trip driving to a Calgary-Invermere trip if you wanted to stop at the supercharger, without adding any benefit to the Trans Canada commute.

The Red-Deer dot has "always" been there (long enough that I don't remember when it was added)

"Lake Louise isn't the right place for the charger though, moving it 20km closer to Calgary to Castle Junction would allow them to service both the trans canada and hwy 93"

Another way to have serviced both the the Highway 93 and TransCanada routes would to have put a charger in at Canmore and Golden rather than simply Lake Louise. This way there's never more than 175km between chargers and no one has to stop in the National Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.