Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car won't wake from app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It will need a manual wake up at some point for the car to try and do any sim update. I do suspect they might be doing it in batches like you said though

Spot on. Mine seemed to get fixed pretty much as soon as I'd turned the car on, when I came back, and let the car go to sleep, it woke up immediately, curiously, much faster than it used to.

Since then I've tested waking it up from sleep a couple of times and it's back to normal, going to sleep after ten to fifteen minutes, rather than staying awake for one to two hours, as it was before.

Spot on. Mine seemed to get fixed pretty much as soon as I'd turned the car on, when I came back, and let the car go to sleep, it woke up immediately, curiously, much faster than it used to.

Since then I've tested waking it up from sleep a couple of times and it's back to normal, going to sleep after ten to fifteen minutes, rather than staying awake for one to two hours, as it was before.
Yep I’ve seen exactly the same.

Mine woke from sleep from the app this morning for the first time in ages. Overnight it has changed ISP for the mobile connection from Telefónica Spain to KPN Mobile in Netherlands whilst charging (first 50%+ overnight charge in a while too).

Seems like the cellular ISP plays an important role in waking the car up. How does that work for people like @Glan gluaisne who don’t have any signal in their location?

I have absolutely no idea at all!

The only thing I can think of at the moment is that somehow the car is receiving the SMS wake up call from the EE ESN mast at the end of the valley. That mast isn't providing any public services to normal users, though, it's there solely to provide coverage for ESN when the emergency services eventually switch over to it from the dedicated Airwave service they've been using for years.

I may try and see if I can borrow the R&S spectrum analyser I borrowed a few years ago, when trying to determine where best to point the repeater antenna, although the chances are that won't do more than show that the ESN mast is active, as the carrier is transmitted 24/7. I could try calling 999 from my phone, I suppose, as we've been told that when the ESN mast is active it will allow public 999 calls, but not normal calls.