Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon Fiber Trim - How are people liking that?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had mine for 6mo. My car is green with the beige leather but no extra leather. I got mine because i hate fingerprints and have young children. It looks great. I haven't had any problems with scratching and it doesn't show fingerprints. It's pretty subtle on the car so if your looking for someone to say "wow is that carbon fiber" that probably won't happen (only one of the many people I've given a test drive to noticed). The wood trim is more noticeable/striking. Overall I'm glad I went and would do it again if I get another car

K

I got the carbon fiber because I like the look ... seems a little more "high tech" to me than wood does ... like it so much I wrapped the mirror bodies and the rear diffuser, too ... (you'll have to take my word about the diffuser ... only pic I have is a little too underexposed to show it off properly)
mirror.JPG

I really like the carbon fiber in my car. Still looks new after over a year. I didn't like the gloss surfaces due to fingerprints and reflections while driving. The wood looked out of place. Carbon fiber fits better with the look of the interior.

+1 with flodrab...wood trim seemed strange to me considering the innovation of the Tesla.

Well, considering the competition (or at least cars in that price category), I think Tesla just had to offer wood as well. Plus, some people like the "warmth" that wood gives the interior of a car, especially if the rest of the interior is as barren/naked as it is in the Model S.
So kudos for offering a wide range, from piano black via various woods to CF so (almost) everyone can have his/her favorite.