Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carina's Tesla-tray for the shelf under the screen!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tech_Guy

ALWAYS IN LUDICROUS MODE! P90D>P100D Upgrade
May 6, 2016
Los Angeles
CARINA'S SITE
I first found out about this product from Bjørn Nyland video which I've linked below and I immediately placed an order.

Every tray is hand made by Carina in Norway to perfectly fit the shelf and not fly out, even in Ludicrous Mode it stays put. Its a very high quality product and can be ordered in your preference of materials and colors.

Skip to 2 minutes and 49 seconds for Carinas tray...

Love my Carina Tray so much I ordered a 2nd one as a gift... I helped create 2 new products on her page the first by ordering the first mulitcolor full alcantara tray, its alcantara outside with a red alcantara interior as well... its called the Premium Alcantara Tray Red with Red Tab
15194589_363701470629966_2783337897438054655_o-jpg.208182

and second new product, the first tray with blue alcantara interior she's made. I gave this as a gift for a friend with a blue car.... heres a shot of the material on a blue car
15293372_364336257233154_962955679_o-jpg.208183

and pictures of the first blue tray made :cool:
15542462_373901379609975_151195836641278753_n-jpg.208181

Last edited:
Looks great. I remember she was massively sold out a while ago. Needs to raise the price!
Yes I was part of that initial 100+ order surge and had to wait for mine to arrive, she quoted me a production date in an email and did ship a full month earlier then she quoted!! My second order was delivered in under a month...

Reactions: Reekdog
CARINA'S SITE
I first found out about this product from Bjørn Nyland video which I've linked below and I immediately placed an order.

Every tray is hand made by Carina in Norway to perfectly fit the shelf and not fly out, even in Ludicrous Mode it stays put. Its a very high quality product and can be ordered in your preference of materials and colors.

Skip to 2 minutes and 49 seconds for Carinas tray...

Love my Carina Tray so much I ordered a 2nd one as a gift... I helped create 2 new products on her page the first by ordering the first mulitcolor full alcantara tray, its alcantara outside with a red alcantara interior as well... its called the Premium Alcantara Tray Red with Red Tab
15194589_363701470629966_2783337897438054655_o-jpg.208182

and second new product, the first tray with blue alcantara interior she's made. I gave this as a gift for a friend with a blue car.... heres a shot of the material on a blue car
15293372_364336257233154_962955679_o-jpg.208183

and pictures of the first blue tray made :cool:
15542462_373901379609975_151195836641278753_n-jpg.208181
are the bottoms covered with material as well ??

$175 for a tray. Pretty hefty price.
I feel they are fairly priced for the high quality materials and the workmanship. Id also like to point out again these are handmade products not made in a factory like the plastic trays on the market. Each trays materials are cut and then stitched together to your order specifications. It's a very high quality piece to hold in your hand or touch in your car vs the plastic trays. Even when sliding it in or out it has a quality feel and sound vs the plastic tray and the noise that they make (watch Bjorn's video @4:30 for an example of this) Each handmade tray is also serialized with number on the outside back.

Last edited:
$175 for a tray. Pretty hefty price.
You are so right. I picked up my 75D about 10 days ago and have be working on some reasonable priced items. First I had to make a tool to remove the front plate bolts, then had to make a adapter to hold my iPhone 6+ , as I have a thin case and it will not fit into the supplied supports & my wife has a iPhone 6 which is different size. Then after finding out about the shelf under the 17" screen ( which I did not know was there until reading posts about the cubby tray) sure enough, when I took delivery, there it was. Looking at what is available, I decide to make my own, I have done 3 prototypes that look good and would cost less that 50% of what is available and still be hand made. I am currently working design changes and sourcing material. When I have a completed unit I will post some photos for comments.

There is a really nice drawer on ebay for $125 right now. I got one for my S and for my wifes X. They fit perfectly and look factory.

Tesla Model S Drawer Accessory- ($25 rebate offer!) Cubby Drawer | eBay

That's the same drawer for sale on EV Everything. Their cover page says it is only $39, but when you click through to the product it says $149. A little bait and switch for you. Also doesn't list P100D as being compatible, but don't see why it would be any different from any other current model.

That's the same drawer for sale on EV Everything. Their cover page says it is only $39, but when you click through to the product it says $149. A little bait and switch for you. Also doesn't list P100D as being compatible, but don't see why it would be any different from any other current model.

A P100D deserves a luxurious handmade tray to match your interior IMO vs a plastic one :rolleyes:

"The black "leather"/black Alcantara one is $151, including international shipping.
The all black Alcantara version is $121 including shipping."

Last edited:
Hand laid carbon fiber insert/sleeve and tray with spring lock mechanism is what we deserve for $150+.

What we have today is simple and easy and not luxurious. Nothing about these cars are simple and easy. Just look at the glove compartment/cubby.

Nothing wrong with simple. As long as it's $19.95.

Reactions: StoXto3toY
A P100D deserves a luxurious handmade tray to match your interior IMO vs a plastic one :rolleyes:

"The black "leather"/black Alcantara one is $151, including international shipping.
The all black Alcantara version is $121 including shipping."

Yes, that is why I ordered the hand made version from Carina. I just have to wait until February / March for it to arrive.

I just ordered one, black leather with black alcantara interior. Total with shipping right under $160. No word on when it will be delivered. I did as much research as I could on this before buying and I think this is the best one out there that doesn't look or feel cheap. I think it will compliment the black leather dash as well (which is really why I chose it). $160 seems pricey but honestly nothing in this category that I could find was significantly less than that. Looking forward to receiving it.

Just ordered one of these today, in the queue for mid march for it to be made.

Let me know when you receive yours (and what your thoughts are) please, it will give me a gauge on when I should get mine.

I just ordered one, black leather with black alcantara interior. Total with shipping right under $160. No word on when it will be delivered. I did as much research as I could on this before buying and I think this is the best one out there that doesn't look or feel cheap. I think it will compliment the black leather dash as well (which is really why I chose it). $160 seems pricey but honestly nothing in this category that I could find was significantly less than that. Looking forward to receiving it.

Let me know when you receive yours (and what your thoughts are) please, it will give me a gauge on when I should get mine.

When I ordered mine Carina emailed me with an estimated delivery time.. if you don't hear from her in a few days you might try sending her a message on Facebook she usually responds in minutes or next day if its night time there...