Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CarPlay solution for Tesla by Michal Gapinski using Raspberry Pi with Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can somebody please explain or show a screenshot of how the get bluetooth tether or wifi to connect to your phone hotspot. I can enable bluetooth tethering on the pi and my phone but no connectivity. Wifi under the search "internet" just keeps spinning without detecting any wifi network.
I’ll post some pics when I can. When you connect via Bluetooth there is a setting you can enable on the pi

This is what I did:

1. connect bluetooth to pi
2. enable bluetooth tethering on pi
3. enable bluetooth tethering on my phone

Any other setting I miss? I also turn on and off hotspot on my phone as well with no luck.
7D2F2E91-960A-42BE-8AA4-1FE148FF5817.jpeg

This is what it looks like once I connect via Bluetooth with my iPhone. I just enable internet access and my phone enables the hotspot via Bluetooth

I am trying to overclock the raspberry pi after installing the Tesla Android Project software and I cannot login to the pi (the default user id and password does not work to login directly to the pi) also the sd card is not accessible when I try to change the file on a windows computer? the same card work if I have the default raspberry os so not sure why I cannot load the boot partition which should be fat32 (I am using a 32gb SD card) or at least exfat. For those who overclocked the pi for this project how did you accessed the config.txt file??? Thank you.

I am trying to overclock the raspberry pi after installing the Tesla Android Project software and I cannot login to the pi (the default user id and password does not work to login directly to the pi) also the sd card is not accessible when I try to change the file on a windows computer? the same card work if I have the default raspberry os so not sure why I cannot load the boot partition which should be fat32 (I am using a 32gb SD card) or at least exfat. For those who overclocked the pi for this project how did you accessed the config.txt file??? Thank you.
Put the SD into a Mac. That's how I did it.

I'm using Samsung Fold 3. Yes, bluetooth from phone to pi.
Are you on a single or dual pi setup?
Not too familiar with Android but found this online. Make sure your pi is connecting to your phone via Bluetooth vs wifi.

Not too familiar with Android but found this online. Make sure your pi is connecting to your phone via Bluetooth vs wifi.

Thanks for the help. I switched to a dual board setup last night and got wifi working. Bluetooth tethering still no good. Let me try an iPhone when my friend is available. Last time I tried, Android Auto's graphic is bad compare to Carplay for some reason.

I edited icon my Mac. I have a usb sd card reader. I popped it in to the Mac...the boot partition appeared in Finder...I used a text editor to edit the file....popped it back in to the pie...walla...

I followed this guide:

I edited icon my Mac. I have a usb sd card reader. I popped it in to the Mac...the boot partition appeared in Finder...I used a text editor to edit the file....popped it back in to the pie...walla...

I followed this guide:

Thank you